patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2014 & 2001 Indian
This vs 67 Designs?
This Ram design is less cost and has a large amount of options.
Check out many of the options here: https://www.themountdepot.com/
The reason I & perhaps others like this option is that I already have X-grips, arms and ball mounts that I use on my two motorcycles. I'm not affiliated with "The Mount Depot" but I ordered my Jeep Ram mount from them, price is under $40 and shipping not crazy high. They are currently out of stock though.
Edit: I've purchased most of my "Ram" accessories from eBay. I couldn't find the Jeep mount on eBay though. Amazon likely has "Ram" accessories as well.

Last edited:

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 2017 JKU Sahara, 2014 JKU Sport S, 2007 JKU Sport, 1997 TJ,

Sponsored

dmc3csc

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Willys
The reason I & perhaps others like this option is that I already have X-grips, arms and ball mounts that I use on my two motorcycles.
This is exactly why I went with the ram mount. I've used them on my motorcycle for years. Well made and tons of options!

OP
OP
patternman

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tip:
After the track is installed when sliding the t-bolt in the track at either end keep a grip on it or have a ball already threaded on. It is possible to drop it into the recess under the track where the tab is for mounting the track to the dash. If it is dropped the screws for the track may need to be removed to lift the track and retrieve it.

RAM TRACK.jpg

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
I screw the T loosely into the bottom of the ball, insert into the slot and slide into place, then pull upward on the ball while turning it to tighten it in place. There’s not really any chance of dropping it that way.

Sponsored

OP
OP
patternman

patternman

First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I screw the T loosely into the bottom of the ball, insert into the slot and slide into place, then pull upward on the ball while turning it to tighten it in place. There’s not really any chance of dropping it that way.
Of course I had to figure that out the hard way!

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I called RAM regarding my order from February and was updated that any open order will be significantly delayed. I understand the reasoning as they stated that they will only be fulfilling for first responders. But ordering in February and no delivery is beyond ridiculous. So I called 67 Design and will have their system in a few days. Cost me 30 buck more but at this point I didn't care. I may still buy a RAM cell holder for my passengers.

Chocolate Thunder

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Build Thread
Link
So I called RAM regarding my order from February and was updated that any open order will be significantly delayed. I understand the reasoning as they stated that they will only be fulfilling for first responders. But ordering in February and no delivery is beyond ridiculous. So I called 67 Design and will have their system in a few days. Cost me 30 buck more but at this point I didn't care. I may still buy a RAM cell holder for my passengers.
Could they give you a reasonable explanation as to how orders placed well after yours got filled before yours did? That would have me upset.

OversandJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Could they give you a reasonable explanation as to how orders placed well after yours got filled before yours did? That would have me upset.
The conversation started off again as a hardware issue and the quickly pivoted to the new response. No hard feelings, it was comforting know that 67 Designs only let's you order from in stock items.