Sponsored

RAM® Tough-Track™ for 18-19' Jeep JL/Gladiator

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I'm happy with mine. The 67 Designs uses a slightly smaller ball 20mm vs 25mm (1") The larger ball is typically rubber and grips better IMHO. I have a 67 Designs Mic Mount and quality is top notch, just your stuck with buying 20mm accessories, and there seems to be much more available for the RAM 1" ball.

1615849684364.png
Ressurecting an old thread @ZeroFox how is the pocket knife attached? Also, would you recommend the RAM mount solution still?
Sponsored

ZeroFox

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Website
diabolicalinc.com
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon Unlimited
Occupation
Diabolical Inc
Vehicle Showcase
Ressurecting an old thread @ZeroFox how is the pocket knife attached? Also, would you recommend the RAM mount solution still?
I was looking for a MIC Mount, but didn't like the holders that are "U" Shaped and mounted differently. So I seen that RAM had a Magnetic Base with Ball. I said, "Hey, I got an Idea""

So I bought it, installed it and now use it to hold my MIC and Knife, sometimes by work badge,

https://rammount.com/products/ram-b-202-339u

Not really its intended use, but its so handy. I don't have to worry about it falling off at all.

Yes, still prefer and recommend the RAM solution. RAM just has a ton of options, and readably available. I'm sure the 20mm stuff is getting there as it is not under Patent like RAM's 1" Ball. Also all the 20mm Arms have a knob at each end, vs. RAM with only one. Maybe they tighten better, but haven't had issue with mine, and believe that more just means more to fail.

Last edited:

rubiland

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Rubicon Unlimited 392
I was looking for a MIC Mount, but didn't like the holders that are "U" Shaped and mounted differently. So I seen that RAM had a Magnetic Base with Ball. I said, "Hey, I got an Idea""

So I bought it, installed it and now use it to hold my MIC and Knife, sometimes by work badge,

https://rammount.com/products/ram-b-202-339u

Not really its intended use, but its so handy. I don't have to worry about it falling off at all.

Yes, still prefer and recommend the RAM solution. RAM just has a ton of options, and readably available. I'm sure the 20mm stuff is getting there as it is not under Patent like RAM's 1" Ball. Also all the 20mm Arms have a knob at each end, vs. RAM with only one. Maybe they tighten better, but haven't had issue with mine, and believe that more just means more to fail.
Perfect. Much appreciated. I’ve ordered the RAM solution.
Sponsored