Raised White Letters on KO2 Tires

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
Thanks for this thread. Just told the dealer to mount my 315 KO2s with the white letters out. Jeep is in town but not off the train yet . . . I think I'm about to bite through the bit.
Sponsored

WvJeeper

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Thanks for this thread. Just told the dealer to mount my 315 KO2s with the white letters out. Jeep is in town but not off the train yet . . . I think I'm about to bite through the bit.
I believe the 315/70r17s in load C are black side wall only. I only know this because as bad as I want them they donā€™t come in white letter and it drives me crazy because I love white letters. If you want white letters in that size you have to go 35x12.50 but itā€™s load E.

OldBird

First Name
Timothy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mojito! JLUR
I believe the 315/70r17s in load C are black side wall only. I only know this because as bad as I want them they donā€™t come in white letter and it drives me crazy because I love white letters. If you want white letters in that size you have to go 35x12.50 but itā€™s load E.
Didn't know that. Not worth going to the E load range, that's a stiff tire.

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
3BC5E535-C583-44EF-8908-6CA42B9687EE.jpeg
Bummed to hear the 315 70 R17s load range c do not come with white letters. Iā€™m old school. As soon as I see a good deal on them I will be buying them.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR 6sp, 2014 X5 35d, 2020 JLR 6sp
I'm with you @Trav.city , white lettering is just about at the top of my list for tires...that the KO2's don't have a ~35" size with them...just stinks..

So, either it looks like 37's, which look great, but add expenses or maybe something like the STT Pro's in the 315 size. Have you given those any thoughts and/or found any other solid options?

Sponsored

Trav.city

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Unlimited JL Rubicon
Occupation
Sales Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm with you @Trav.city , white lettering is just about at the top of my list for tires...that the KO2's don't have a ~35" size with them...just stinks..

So, either it looks like 37's, which look great, but add expenses or maybe something like the STT Pro's in the 315 size. Have you given those any thoughts and/or found any other solid options?
I love the looks of 37s, I just donā€™t want to loose ride quality and gearing. I have looked into the STT Pros as well, but they seem to be a bit noisy. I am still looking at them though. If you find anything please post.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I love the looks of 37s, I just donā€™t want to loose ride quality and gearing. I have looked into the STT Pros as well, but they seem to be a bit noisy. I am still looking at them though. If you find anything please post.
The KO2's were the happy medium and then some, but without RWL...it's s non-starter. I can't tell you how much time I've blown pouring over tire specs and reviews.

If never or rarely going off road or easy off road, there are plenty of options. I'm not hard core, but on mid level or so, they most likely will not cut it, plus looks matter. So does weight, ride, noise level, etc.

General Grabber's look good, but they're heavy. Same goes for the Nitto's. Master Craft CXT's aren't bad - OWL (not RWL) and a D load rating and about the same weight as the KO2's .

Then you have the Master Craft MXT which bridges the gap to the STT PRO's. Great reviews and checks the boxes...but then for a few dollars more, I'm back at the STT's.

Uhhgg...I don't want to spend money for trial. I'm still working on a lift. Right now, the Dynotrac looks promising over the Rancho ( with 9000 shocks) so I don't regret not going with 37's with the space all the others leave....any higher the gap will drive me nuts.

At the end, I've not found rims I like better than the stock JLUR's that don't weigh too much (AEV Borah look great...weigh too much), to put 35's in with a 2" lift and tires i can live with 95% of the time.

let me know what you come up with...

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s

Pretty sure the 35-12.50-17 size come in RWL. Just go to 37ā€™s anyway. You wonā€™t notice much difference and youā€™ll be annoyed every time you see one with them. Spend the money once and be done with it. Donā€™t even play with 35ā€™s on a Rubicon.

GhostDivers

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Pretty sure the 35-12.50-17 size come in RWL. Just go to 37ā€™s anyway. You wonā€™t notice much difference and youā€™ll be annoyed every time you see one with them. Spend the money once and be done with it. Donā€™t even play with 35ā€™s on a Rubicon.
It looks like youā€™re getting back in the JL world with a 2 doorā€¦Nice!

Thanks for the heads up on the 35x12.50 KO2ā€¦but it looks like a load rating E. There seems to be mixed reviews on Eā€™sā€¦Iā€™m leery of the on road being too firm.

Feedback on manuals with 37ā€™s is pretty thin and lend to needing to re-gear. I knowā€¦spend the money once and do it right; youā€™re right.

You know better than most, one thing leading to another. Lift and more lift parts, 37ā€™s, tire carrier (Expedition Oneā€™s combo looks niceā€¦), sidesteps/rails (for wife & daughterā€¦maybe me to) and then re-gearing. On top of the winch and other stuff on it already and the other items ā€œI gotta haveā€.

Looking forward to see the pics of your 2 Door!

Sponsored

Kenny

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jl sports, 2015 JK Unlimited, 2013 JK @ Dr
Occupation
Village Idiot
Clubs

Like ā€˜em

1CE900F1-7101-4951-A8C3-0E09D3BBE462.jpeg

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I think
if you like the way it looks...go for it.
if you just like to advertise for your favorite tire company... we all like brands.....go for it.

But for me... I just won't ever do it. It's just one more thing I would want to keep clean...and I bought a jeep to stay dirty.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
The 35x12.50R17 size KO2's are only available with an "E" load rating.

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s