Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
yes, and..........
Most folks here (myself included) seem to be concerned with the extra firmness and added weight of the "E" rated tires versus the OEM "C" rated tires.

Other manufacturers produce that size tire with a "C" load rating, BFGoodrich doesn't.

But, finding that size, with that load rating and with Raised White Letters becomes complicated.

I really wanted 35" BFG KO2's with Raised White Letters, but an "E" load rating was my only choice.

I purchased them a few weeks ago (haven't installed them yet), but I'm not thrilled about it.

I just wish they offered that size in a "C" load rating, like other manufacturers.
Sponsored

OnlyOne

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Sport S Diesel on 37s
Most folks here (myself included) seem to be concerned with the extra firmness and added weight of the "E" rated tires versus the OEM "C" rated tires.

Other manufacturers produce that size tire with a "C" load rating, BFGoodrich doesn't.

But, finding that size, with that load rating and with Raised White Letters becomes complicated.

I really wanted 35" BFG KO2's with Raised White Letters, but an "E" load rating was my only choice.

I purchased them a few weeks ago (haven't installed them yet), but I'm not thrilled about it.

I just wish they offered that size in a "C" load rating, like other manufacturers.
You might have to air them down to about 30. I run about 29 in my 37's and they are D's but I'm also running factory wheels. I have run E's for years on my Jeeps with little to no issues concerning ride quality. I think you'll be surprised to find out there isn't that big a difference.

scgmc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
08 GMC 2500HD Duramax, 72 Formula 400, Yamaha WR250R, Dozens of Kayaks and Canoes, Future Jeep Wrangler JL Owner
I ran white letter out BFG "E" All-Terrain 33's and 305's on all my 3/4 tons for 22 years. But my tastes have changed, now I like blackwall tires.
It's a cleaner look to me. But I'm a little old school in that I DO like some flash on my wheels- I'm not a fan of completely black rims. That's just me.

A few white letter maintenance tips: Use Comet cleaning powder on a stiff plastic-bristled brush as the cheapest, and I feel best, white letter cleaner that you can buy. You can keep it just on the white letters and not on your rims if you wet the brush and sprinkle it directly on the brush.
If you have them installed white letters in, clean off the blue protector film with the same brush, allow it to dry, and color the white parts with an extra wide black Sharpie marker. Great control with a Sharpie and it will last the lifetime of the tire. Looks better than white letters peaking out.

Warlocke

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
You might have to air them down to about 30. I run about 29 in my 37's and they are D's but I'm also running factory wheels. I have run E's for years on my Jeeps with little to no issues concerning ride quality. I think you'll be surprised to find out there isn't that big a difference.
I was planning on running them at 30 psi.

The good thing is that I really won't be aware of any reduced ride quality, compared to 33's (285's).

I'll be swapping them out as soon as I get home from picking up my brand new Rubi at the dealership.

So, I won't really have a baseline for comparison.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Goze211

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon Recon
Can the KO2 tires be reversed so there is no white lettering on the sidewalls? Would like it to be just all black, not sure if they are directional? Looking at the 35's or 37's. Thanks!
They make them two ways; a ā€œplainā€ black side and a ā€œprettyā€ black side (raised black letters or RBL) or you can get them with a pretty black side and a raised white letters side. Obviously if you have it black on both sides thereā€™s no white to turn out. Raised white letters (RWL) usually cost a few dollars more so next time you buy tires you need to specify you want RWL or you might get RBL.
The white printing is not just painted on. The letters are made out of white rubber so you can wheel with them and scrub curbs and long as you donā€™t tear into them so deeply that you get into the black youā€™ll be ok. Iā€™m looking forward to wearing out my 33ā€ RBL KO2s so I can get the RWL ones. The 14 year old in me always likes RWL. Well not always; I wouldnā€™t put ā€˜email on a Ferrari šŸ˜†

PS sometimes youā€™ll see a tire thatā€™s SBL. That means serrated black letters
Sponsored