Sponsored

Rained all on the inside of my Jeep :-(

Lightsped

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Willys, 2017 Tacoma Off Road, Honda S2000.
Occupation
Technology Research
Does anyone simply leave the carpet out of their JL? If I end up getting one, I may do just that. One less thing to deal with or worry about.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Does anyone simply leave the carpet out of their JL? If I end up getting one, I may do just that. One less thing to deal with or worry about.
Some people do. It’s def easier to clean out for sure.

Saphros

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
UPDATE: The BCM was replaced and I have interior lights again (only 5 months later)!
I also got the recall done that replaced the steering damper and the play in steering has been reduced. It's more responsive, there’s less wandering and it requires less correctional input.
I know you had to wait on the interior lights but was there any availability issue for the recall parts? I've gotta get mine done and I'm also in Vancouver area

Reactions: TMP

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Nice! I’m worried about replacing my dampner cuz they might screw up what’s not broken. Mine is fine so I’m hesitant. Did you get under it and make sure they installed it right? A lot of dealerships are installing it backwards. Bulge should be down.
I will take a look, thanks!

Sponsored

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
I know you had to wait on the interior lights but was there any availability issue for the recall parts? I've gotta get mine done and I'm also in Vancouver area
I did not have to wait. I asked that they do the recall on the same day they replaced the BCM and it wasn’t a problem. Probably because I had already involved a lawyer.

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

pull the carpet. there is a whole post about going topless and getting stuck in the rain or a monsoon. great information on that post

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
How did getting the carpet and seat back in go? Any lingering smells?
Been so busy working I haven’t had time to reinstall the carpets or back seat. Lol! But otherwise no lingering smell just yet. I think it’ll be fine though.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I've done this on my TJs. I'm sure eventually my JL will get there. On the TJ the floor is painted body color, it's my understanding that the JL is the same. I had some cheap walmart rubber floor mats thrown down. Honestly that's probably dumb, you can just hose out the dirt at that point but I don't like how my shoes or a rock on the metal tub sounds, so the mats just dampened that noise for me. Over time the sand and grit on the floor combined with my mats would wear the paint down to what looked like bare metal in places but it never rusted (Colorado is dry, maybe somewhere else it'd rust) so I never worried about it. I suspect that you'd have the same issue even without mats but it might take longer and be a smaller area. The only other thing of note is that it was a bit louder and the floorboards on the TJ put out a ton of heat. There was a warning label from the factory on the transmission tunnel about how it can burn you. It's that kind of heat. Never bothered me in the winter. In the summer I would sometimes put the AC on the floor boards to keep my tootsies a bit cooler. With the top off though it wasn't much of an issue. More times than I can count I'd hear something like "it's raining out there and your top is off/down", but I never once worried about it. The JL has quite a bit more electrics in it, I'm not sure if I'll ever be at that same level of "meh" about it.

I can't say that I recommend going bare floor, but it works for me. I think the best option is to have the floor line-x'd (I like line-x, it feels more like rubber where others feel more like sand paper). Someone here posted up a thing about bedrugs and those look like they might be a good option as well.

Sponsored

cosmokenney

First Name
Cosmo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLR (2-door)

Saphros

First Name
Cole
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite JLUSport S
Occupation
Parts Person
I did not have to wait. I asked that they do the recall on the same day they replaced the BCM and it wasn’t a problem. Probably because I had already involved a lawyer.
Fair enough! I went and booked mine in for this week, they said they had stock so we will see how it goes!
Sponsored