Sponsored

Rained all on the inside of my Jeep :-(

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
Thanks everyone! Yep carpets are out and drying in the sun. I’ll put back in tomorrow. How do I use the damprid on the leather seats?
If you use damprid, it is just a cup or basket with a chemical in it that absorbs water. I would just put the cups on the floor boards and close the jeep up. Just remove them before driving around.
Sponsored

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Stay calm. Your electronics should be fine. Read this: https://www.cnet.com/roadshow/news/jeep-wrangler-gladiator-tech/
I was just about to post that article. Everyone should read it, bookmark it, and take screen captures of the quotes.
In April, I drove through a puddle no more than 12-15 inches deep and the water sprayed onto my JLUR while the Sky One Touch roof was open, allowing a mist of water to spray inside the vehicle (not even close to the amount of water that gets in the same way as this commercial
)
I later noticed that my interior lights no long worked. Somehow water got into the A pillar next to the passengers’ feet (above the 30” waterproof line) and shorted the body control module. The dealership, the district service manager and FCA Canada denied it as a warranty claim until I got a lawyer involved. After months of frustration, it is actually getting repaired today. I will let you know if all goes well.
@Ronnie S keep an eye on your electronics for the next little while. That article says “The misting may last 16 hours, but the vehicle is periodically checked over the next several months to make sure everything, from the USB ports to the radio, still operates.” People have posted issues with their touchscreens after a just a little rainfall.
Good luck, and hopefully no one else has to deal with the headache that I have.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
I was just about to post that article. Everyone should read it, bookmark it, and take screen captures of the quotes.
In April, I drove through a puddle no more than 12-15 inches deep and the water sprayed onto my JLUR while the Sky One Touch roof was open, allowing a mist of water to spray inside the vehicle (not even close to the amount of water that gets in the same way as this commercial
)
I later noticed that my interior lights no long worked. Somehow water got into the A pillar next to the passengers’ feet (above the 30” waterproof line) and shorted the body control module. The dealership, the district service manager and FCA Canada denied it as a warranty claim until I got a lawyer involved. After months of frustration, it is actually getting repaired today. I will let you know if all goes well.
@Ronnie S keep an eye on your electronics for the next little while. That article says “The misting may last 16 hours, but the vehicle is periodically checked over the next several months to make sure everything, from the USB ports to the radio, still operates.” People have posted issues with their touchscreens after a just a little rainfall.
Ouch that sounds horrible! Luckily my rain was just a straight down poor. No crazy sideways stuff. So literally thank God only a little water was ever on the dash board electronics. I’ll keep checking though. I’m glad fca is fixing yours.

Reactions: TMP

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
If you don't take the carpet out at least go out any buy a couple of tubs of Damprid. Use them only when you have the windows up/on (otherwise close the tubs). If you come back and there's water in them then its working.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
If you don't take the carpet out at least go out any buy a couple of tubs of Damprid. Use them only when you have the windows up/on (otherwise close the tubs). If you come back and there's water in them then its working.
Yep carpets are out but I’m still gonna get the damprid for the seats.

Sponsored

tank1473

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Rubicon, 2006 Wrangler LJ, 2000 Wrangler TJ
Last night it rained so bad and I forgot to put my Jeep in the garage. Top was down and I had an inch I mean an inch of water in the floor. I pulled the drain plugs and drained to the water. Got all the water out of the soft top. Used up every towel in the house to soak up everything in the carpet. Of course I dried instrument dash board cluster immediately. Overnight I put a fan in there to help it air dry too. I’m getting ready to take it to church so it’ll get some hot sun on it for drying too. Top down again of course to get more wind. Is there anything I need to do to help dry and prevent any further damage? Any advice is much appreciated. I know I’m stupid and now I’m worried it’s gonna smell like musty carpet when it’s all said and done. My wife was a sweet heart and helped me soak up the water. Probably did a better job than I did as all I did was panic and yell for 20 min. Unreal I’m so beside myself and upset.
crack 2 windows down about 2 inches. Start Jeep, set heat to high out the vents and footwell, walk away for an hour.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Here's a stupid question.... where are the drain plugs? I know of the two in the front that the fancy floor mats push into. But where are the rest? My first TJ I had.... I want to say 6? maybe it was 8. 2 in the front footwells, two in the rear footwells, and two or 4 in the rear cargo area. My second TJ I believe only had 4, I didn't ever pull the carpets off of the rear fenders and not sure if they covered the rear drain plugs or if they weren't there. I poked around a bit in my JL, but the only ones I saw were the two in the front footwells.
2 in the front 4 underneath the front seats but these you have to slightly lift carpet and 2 little circle ones in the trunk just under the rear seat where it hooks in. I have 2 door so 4 door could be different.

DonBindas

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered a 2020 JL Rubicon Unlimited in Bikini with Dark Saddle Leather on 7-8-19 and was delivered by Criswell 8-22-19
Occupation
KBB Analyst
I was going to ask who has pulled the carpet and used a bedliner. Seems like the only reason to have the carpet is to reduce noise and provide a little insulation. Then you end up putting all-weather rubber mats on top of that to protect the carpet. Why not just skip both and put some rubberized spray line in? Who has done this and has pics and a recommendation of which product to use?
71M3vWUoKfL._SL1500_.jpg

This can cover electrical wires along the floor, door sills, and around the hinges for less damage re-installing the doors.

There are different widths available

3M Clear Scotchgard Paint Protection Bulk Film Roll $16.98

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...aved_title_4?smid=A10111992WJRYRFBZH9IS&psc=1

Then go back to Amazon for these for only $108.75 and free freight:
61yCMVLTn2L._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SDLS6CB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

or

71L9n%2BmsLWL._SL1500_.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B015B8YS94/ref=ox_sc_saved_title_3?smid=A30XU5Y510T9EB&psc=1

This also comes in spray cans, but it clogs easily and the over spray will go places that you don't want, like gauges?

shadowmoto17

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Military
Vehicle Showcase
Last night it rained so bad and I forgot to put my Jeep in the garage. Top was down and I had an inch I mean an inch of water in the floor. I pulled the drain plugs and drained to the water. Got all the water out of the soft top. Used up every towel in the house to soak up everything in the carpet. Of course I dried instrument dash board cluster immediately. Overnight I put a fan in there to help it air dry too. I’m getting ready to take it to church so it’ll get some hot sun on it for drying too. Top down again of course to get more wind. Is there anything I need to do to help dry and prevent any further damage? Any advice is much appreciated. I know I’m stupid and now I’m worried it’s gonna smell like musty carpet when it’s all said and done. My wife was a sweet heart and helped me soak up the water. Probably did a better job than I did as all I did was panic and yell for 20 min. Unreal I’m so beside myself and upset.
Been wondering if I’d get caught in a rain storm over here in Hawaii but i guess I should open up the drain plug, but otherwise I got wet okele and Bartact seat covers and just haven’t picked up my weathertech cargo area liner. Heard it’s not all that bad though. Does it rain often enough that you just can’t pull the top off and air dry?

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Been wondering if I’d get caught in a rain storm over here in Hawaii but i guess I should open up the drain plug, but otherwise I got wet okele and Bartact seat covers and just haven’t picked up my weathertech cargo area liner. Heard it’s not all that bad though. Does it rain often enough that you just can’t pull the top off and air dry?
Here in Michigan you just don’t know. I actually checked the weather app on Saturday before I went into the house to go shower and it said zero rain. I came back out to go pick up pizza and everything was soaked. It’s unpredictable which is why I’m always worried to take the soft top down. Learned a good lesson that night. Always park it in the garage if you can if the top is off or down. You never know in Michigan. Today is the last day of leaving the top down and air drying. I’ll be putting carpet and back seat back in tomorrow. Can’t wait to have it back to normal again :)

TMP

First Name
Taylor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
)
UPDATE: The BCM was replaced and I have interior lights again (only 5 months later)!
I also got the recall done that replaced the steering damper and the play in steering has been reduced. It's more responsive, there’s less wandering and it requires less correctional input.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
UPDATE: The BCM was replaced and I have interior lights again (only 5 months later)!
I also got the recall done that replaced the steering damper and the play in steering has been reduced. It's more responsive, there’s less wandering and it requires less correctional input.
Nice! I’m worried about replacing my dampner cuz they might screw up what’s not broken. Mine is fine so I’m hesitant. Did you get under it and make sure they installed it right? A lot of dealerships are installing it backwards. Bulge should be down.

Reactions: TMP
OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just curious, does anyone just keep the carpet out during rainy season? If so, are the floorboards painted or what?
Floor boards are painted an unfinished red in mine. Def not bare metal and is kind of unfinished paint.
Sponsored