Sponsored

Rained all on the inside of my Jeep :-(

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Last night it rained so bad and I forgot to put my Jeep in the garage. Top was down and I had an inch I mean an inch of water in the floor. I pulled the drain plugs and drained to the water. Got all the water out of the soft top. Used up every towel in the house to soak up everything in the carpet. Of course I dried instrument dash board cluster immediately. Overnight I put a fan in there to help it air dry too. I’m getting ready to take it to church so it’ll get some hot sun on it for drying too. Top down again of course to get more wind. Is there anything I need to do to help dry and prevent any further damage? Any advice is much appreciated. I know I’m stupid and now I’m worried it’s gonna smell like musty carpet when it’s all said and done. My wife was a sweet heart and helped me soak up the water. Probably did a better job than I did as all I did was panic and yell for 20 min. Unreal I’m so beside myself and upset.
Sponsored

Luvmejeeps

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport. 2004 TJ
I wish the carpet was as easy to pull n reinstall as previous generations. Takes me less than 5 mins to pull it out in my TJ,n the same time to put back in.

If it was as swamped as you said I might've pulled the carpet out asap. Then wiped the tub out.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Firecracker Red (2 Door) - 3.6L V6 24V VVT Engine Upg w/ESS - 6-Speed Manual Transmission
Carpet seems pretty easy to pull up but I’m nervous about that. I’ll drive it and try the neighbors shop vac too.

Thill444

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Rubicon 4xe, 21 Supra 3.0, 21 Pacifica Hybrid
I would pull the carpet out. It doesn’t look that hard in a JL and then make sure there’s no water in the tub. I think you will be fine.

OP
OP
Ronnie S

Ronnie S

First Name
Ronnie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok thanks everyone!

Sponsored

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
No pics?

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I take it none of the seats have to come out to pull the carpet? Just curious if this ever happens to me.

Slowpoke

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Moab Silver 2018
Occupation
Yes
Save yourself some time and trouble. Pull the carpet, dry it, put black.

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
I take it none of the seats have to come out to pull the carpet? Just curious if this ever happens to me.
Nope, it’s super easy, it’s separated into segments that snap into the tub.

anotherWS6

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jebadiah
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited
Hevent looked at pulling carpets but....

My Jeep has gotten soaked like this at least a half a dozen times. My solution? Do obsolutey nothing and use as normal. My doors stay off so it's constantly open to fresh air. Have a set of mats tied to the drain plugs. Probably helps sometimes. I have no odor and despite my dash being covered in water no electronic issues either.
Sponsored