Sponsored

Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR)

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
If you don't have doors on would there be a big hole for water to get into where the mirrors stick out?

BigBruse

First Name
Robbie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep rubicon
How long do they take to get back in stock?

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
Just placed an order earlier so I guess we'll see if they are on back order or not

Sponsored

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
Hello all,,,
so here is my question..

I recently purchased the Half Cover from Rain Gear. The quality is amazing!!!
I think the cover is perfect.. except for a few items I am hoping that someone may have some hints or tricks on install/removal...

1) I am 5'8" and not a skinny dude, so i have a little trouble putting this on/taking it off...
Is there a special way that anyone has figured out how to do this easily? I saw on a video where a dude kind of folded the sides to the middle, then folded the rear towards the middle, then the front... Seemed simple- i tried it this morning- seemed ok, but we will see how tonight goes putting it back on- (Thinking i may need to be purchasing a set of side steps and getting rid of the Rubi rails..)

2) The reason i got the 1/2 cover was because I don't remove my soft top- i will put it down and leave it down- I found last night that the bars from the soft top are stretching the cover to a point of almost coming through.. Not Good--
Is it recommended to put the top back up then put the cover on? I can see where it would help with supporting the cover and squaring off the layout of it.

3) I have been told that the cover is supposed to go over the taillights.. Mine does not- It BARELY fits over the top of the tail lights...
is this normal??

Any help is greatly appreciated!!
I can't find anything on the RainGear site or online on tips or FAQ's...

So far,, love the cover though.. It is a great purchase and would totally recommend.

20210719_205942.jpg

20210719_205951.jpg

20210719_210021.jpg

IMG_9217.jpg

IMG_9218.jpg

IMG_9221.jpg

IMG_9225.jpg

IMG_9226.jpg

tonygiotta

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Firecracker Red JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Fire Captain
I find the easiest way for me is to fold the sides in toward the middle until it gets to the size of the storage bag. Then I roll it from back to front. When I deploy the cover, I stand just in front of one of the front doors, hold onto the loose end (front) of the cover, and throw the rest of the roll diagonally across and toward the back of the vehicle. On hot days the whole cover will usually unfurl. On cold days I typically climb up on top of one of the rear tires to help unfold the rest of the cover. Admittedly, I do have a mesh sun shade that helps the roll make it to the back of my 4-door when my toss comes up short. The mesh sun shade also has the bonus of helping the cover shed rainwater since it keeps it from pooling between the roll bars.

As for the fit, I go completely topless so I can’t help you much there. My cover does however almost completely cover my taillights. Yours looks like it’s stretched too tight over your lowered soft top. It also looks like you have the cover pulled down too low on your windshield. That seam above the Rain Gear logo should be right at the top of your windshield frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 9664D25C-68F1-441C-B848-6FED2A6B216E

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I find the easiest way for me is to fold the sides in toward the middle until it gets to the size of the storage bag. Then I roll it from back to front. When I deploy the cover, I stand just in front of one of the front doors, hold onto the loose end (front) of the cover, and throw the rest of the roll diagonally across and toward the back of the vehicle. On hot days the whole cover will usually unfurl. On cold days I typically climb up on top of one of the rear tires to help unfold the rest of the cover. Admittedly, I do have a mesh sun shade that helps the roll make it to the back of my 4-door when my toss comes up short. The mesh sun shade also has the bonus of helping the cover shed rainwater since it keeps it from pooling between the roll bars.

As for the fit, I go completely topless so I can’t help you much there. My cover does however almost completely cover my taillights. Yours looks like it’s stretched too tight over your lowered soft top. It also looks like you have the cover pulled down too low on your windshield. That seam above the Rain Gear logo should be right at the top of your windshield frame.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 9664D25C-68F1-441C-B848-6FED2A6B216E
Ok,,

Cool cool,,
Thank you for the help.. i have a sunshade as well,, just don't have it on. Guess that will be going back on now. haha.

The part about being too far forward,, It is really tight.
So tight that if i move it any further back, then the flaps don't cover the door openings all the way..

i attached a pic of what i mean..

I mean,, i am ok if it doesn't cover the tail lights,, but yeah,, want to make sure i fit it properly and don't damage it...

thanks again for the help..

Greatly appreciated

Annotation 2021-07-20 150714.png

threeve

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport S
Occupation
Code Monkey
2) The reason i got the 1/2 cover was because I don't remove my soft top- i will put it down and leave it down- I found last night that the bars from the soft top are stretching the cover to a point of almost coming through.. Not Good--
Is it recommended to put the top back up then put the cover on? I can see where it would help with supporting the cover and squaring off the layout of it.
I'm fairly certain the cover is supposed to fit with the soft top up, not folded down. This is probably why it's not fitting properly for you.

Chris.steger

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler JL
I'm fairly certain the cover is supposed to fit with the soft top up, not folded down. This is probably why it's not fitting properly for you.

Right on,,,
Thank you for the info..
They should state that so we know.. hahaha..

Sponsored

thecritter

First Name
Rusty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Crystal Granite JlU Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
Raingear is great best quality hands down. @RaingearcoversTORY thanks for a great birthday present.

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 20210523_213007
Well I was in a hurry this AM.. should have sent this picture instead. Mine fits great might want to give them a call.

20210523_213022_exported_1903_1626908045994.jpg
Sponsored