Sponsored

Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR)

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 2 door JL Sport 3.6 V6
Just got my Rain Gear Trail Cover for my 2020 JLUR. I called to ask their support for which version to order for use with OEM soft top down and was told this trail cover. I installed and windshield and front doors look good, but the rear quarter panels dont seem to go to the fender as I have seen in pictures. Please note that my OEM Twill is fully collapsed. Any tips? I am concerned as it would seem to only take a bit of wind to allow water to come in the rear sides. Thoughts?

I am very pleased with the material and straps/fasteners.

rain1.jpg

rain2.jpg

rain3.jpg
When you lowered the soft top did you cinch it down snugly with something like Velcro straps?
I’m thinking of going with the trail cover version and am wondering if the fit would be a little better if the stowed soft top is cinched down tightly.
Sponsored

Freebooter

First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL 2020 Mojave
Vehicle Showcase
The Rain Gear Half Cover came in and we really like it. The Half Cover fits when the soft top is in Safari mode, up, and when the soft top is down. When the soft top is down and the Rain Gear Half Cover is on, there is extra baggy material behind the role bars. We have used it a good bit at night. Very well made and thought out. We did take off the front 2 clips and just loop the straps around the front part of the Mopar side steps. The middle clips, we clip on a bracket with a small hole right in front of the back tires. The 4 back straps, well I have not figured those out yet. One goes to the rear tow hook and that works great. We did cut off the front middle strap. Great product for soft top jeep owners!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) IMG_0133

todds89

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara, 1989 Ford Mustang 5.0 Supercharged
This is exactly what I'm looking for but..... out of stock...

Brian0128

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR, 2018 Toyota TRD PRO
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
After checking this thread out I think the Trail Cover would be perfect for when we remove the hard top. Hopefully they come back into stock soon.

User Banned

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Guitars & Drums
JLU Half Cover from RainGearCovers.com is back in stock!

Sponsored

bgrex

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara Altitude - Sting Gray
Rain Gear half cover had been on backorder but finally got mine last week. Well worth the wait - fits perfect!

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 7F4DE62E-26C8-44F7-AE97-D85631A31DAE

Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 35CE599C-98B8-494E-A97D-F9E233F6DB0D

Keeper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Sport Granite
The Rain Gear Half Cover came in and we really like it. The Half Cover fits when the soft top is in Safari mode, up, and when the soft top is down. When the soft top is down and the Rain Gear Half Cover is on, there is extra baggy material behind the role bars. We have used it a good bit at night. Very well made and thought out. We did take off the front 2 clips and just loop the straps around the front part of the Mopar side steps. The middle clips, we clip on a bracket with a small hole right in front of the back tires. The 4 back straps, well I have not figured those out yet. One goes to the rear tow hook and that works great. We did cut off the front middle strap. Great product for soft top jeep owners!
Jeep Wrangler JL Rain Gear Trail Cover (JLUR) 35CE599C-98B8-494E-A97D-F9E233F6DB0D
Do you have the premium soft top up in the picture? I have the Rain Gear cover and with the top up it doesn't fit like that. It's tight over the top and will not wrap around the tail lights. It does the job but it's not what I expected.

Reactor111

First Name
Garry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 392
Do you have the premium soft top up in the picture? I have the Rain Gear cover and with the top up it doesn't fit like that. It's tight over the top and will not wrap around the tail lights. It does the job but it's not what I expected.
Sounds like you have a “trail cover” and not the “half cover”.

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sounds like you have a “trail cover” and not the “half cover”.
^This. I have the half cover and it fits well. The trail cover is meant to be used without the top.

Sponsored

Rufus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
^Not This. My order: Wrangler 2 Door JL 2018-2020-HALF COVER-SKU: 3280.
That’s the sku I have for the two door half cover and mine fits fine. Send them pictures and get a replacement.

Other than there not being obvious places for the clips to attack I love mine.

Shay Moose

First Name
Shay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Northern Edition
Hey all, it's been just over a year since this thread hit the forum and after finding it today (following a long but of research), I want to thank everyone for their input as it made my decision and choice of top WAY easier. Stay safe everyone!

Killdozer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL sport
Does anyone have a picture of an unlimited half cover in the storage bag. How bulky is it and where do you store it when not in use. Thanks

User Banned

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Sport S Max Tow
Occupation
Guitars & Drums
Keep mine in the box it came in. Not bulky at all.

60DF9025-CB8D-40EB-89AC-5D0C925C3030.jpeg

D8661BF9-AED4-46B8-B2C5-3C3C5FF7C7E4.jpeg
Sponsored