radio went kaput and then came to live again

Kluk Ztopolovky

First Name
Kluk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport 2dr Sting Gray manual
Today I started the Jeep and all seemed to be fine for about 10 seconds when suddenly the radio screen went black and I immediately thought to myself why I didn't get that Tacoma driving in the front of me. But then it almost felt like the Jeep has an intuitive soul somewhere under the dashboard and the radio came back right away . The monitor lighted up and it felt good. When I got home the first thing I did was to open the fuse box and I started to push in all the fuses . Some of them were sinking into the proper position. I was surprised how many were not completely inserted into their slots. I do not get it how this can happen. with a new vehicle. It's new. I never shaked up the Jeep driving some rough terrain and yet at least 4 of the fuses were hardly pushed in . Anyways this little electrical crises is hopefully over. I should add I have the Sport basic "entertainment unit"
Sponsored

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
Welcome to Jeep JL ownership!! Mine does that every once in awhile, usually comes right back. Sometime not, have to shut down and restart. Should probably have it looked at, or wait until 35,900 miles or 35.5 months, whichever comes first.

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Mine does that every now and then. When it does, I find the clock resets itself to 12:00. Very annoying.

digitalbliss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
Today I started the Jeep and all seemed to be fine for about 10 seconds when suddenly the radio screen went black and I immediately thought to myself why I didn't get that Tacoma driving in the front of me. But then it almost felt like the Jeep has an intuitive soul somewhere under the dashboard and the radio came back right away . The monitor lighted up and it felt good. When I got home the first thing I did was to open the fuse box and I started to push in all the fuses . Some of them were sinking into the proper position. I was surprised how many were not completely inserted into their slots. I do not get it how this can happen. with a new vehicle. It's new. I never shaked up the Jeep driving some rough terrain and yet at least 4 of the fuses were hardly pushed in . Anyways this little electrical crises is hopefully over. I should add I have the Sport basic "entertainment unit"
Just discovered the fuses aren't seated very well from the factory, huh? Must be new around here.

saltyaggie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Mine has done this too. Base model 18 with the 5" screen. Never went dead while running though. I often run with the head unit off and a few times I would try to turn it on after driving a while and it was just dead. After seating all the fuses it hasn't done it again in over a year. I also had intermittent service 4wd and service ESS lights too during that time, but am now at 56k miles and haven't had those issues since then so maybe the fuses were the root cause of all of it.
Sponsored