Sponsored

Radio volume soft even when cranked all the way up!

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota FJ Cruiser, Corvette Z06 Convertible
Sometimes this happens. Seems to clear up after four or fives starts. Anyone know what to do to clear it up when it happens?
Thanks!
Sponsored

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
Sometimes this happens. Seems to clear up after four or fives starts. Anyone know what to do to clear it up when it happens?
Thanks!
Yep, mine occasionally does that. That's one reason I love the Tazer. I can reboot it and it is cured.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
@scottijohn63

Well, if the quirk clears up on it's own after 4-5 starts it is undoubtedly UConnect related.. It is doubtful that your JL has a hardware issue.. sure it might, but doubtful.

When things get a muck with UConnect, what you usually see, is after 3 or 4 stop/starts of your JL, that the UConnect quirks go away..... go away til they return again.

You can hurry along the above scenario by doing an F97 fuse pull that causes UConnect to reboot and remedy a quirk... do this and you do not need to wait for 3, 4, 5 stop/starts for the remedy.

As for your low volume thing.... next time it happens, switch source to AM and then back to what you were listening to.. like XM. This switching to AM and back will more often then not, immediately remedy a no sound of low volume issue.. ... until the next time.. Fortunately, you are not going to see / be faced with your low volume quirk very often...

Yeah, you should not have to do the AM thing but..

DanW

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLUR, 18JLUR, 08JKUR, 15 Renegade, 04 WJ
Vehicle Showcase
@scottijohn63

Well, if the quirk clears up on it's own after 4-5 starts it is undoubtedly UConnect related.. It is doubtful that your JL has a hardware issue.. sure it might, but doubtful.

When things get a muck with UConnect, what you usually see, is after 3 or 4 stop/starts of your JL, that the UConnect quirks go away..... go away til they return again.

You can hurry along the above scenario by doing an F97 fuse pull that causes UConnect to reboot and remedy a quirk... do this and you do not need to wait for 3, 4, 5 stop/starts for the remedy.

As for your low volume thing.... next time it happens, switch source to AM and then back to what you were listening to.. like XM. This switching to AM and back will more often then not, immediately remedy a no sound of low volume issue.. ... until the next time.. Fortunately, you are not going to see / be faced with your low volume quirk very often...

Yeah, you should not have to do the AM thing but..
Thanks for the AM tip! That'll be quicker than the Tazer reboot and won't require a stop! I did get my Uconnect updated when it was in for the clutch recall and it has not happened since. Time will tell, but I hope it is cured.

Rhinebeck01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 JL Rubi, '22 Prevost M H3-45,'01 Harley FatBoy
Thanks for the AM tip! That'll be quicker than the Tazer reboot and won't require a stop! I did get my Uconnect updated when it was in for the clutch recall and it has not happened since. Time will tell, but I hope it is cured.
@DanW

No guarantees with the AM thing... it always works with no volume but not always... but does most of the with the low volume scenario. I rarely have the low volume or no volume quirl happen

Your Tazer JL Mini has the ability to reboot as you mentioned... but I could do an F97 fuse pull faster then a Tazer reboot.. I have pulled F97 so many times... I have it marked with white out for an easy find..
Jeep Wrangler JL Radio volume soft even when cranked all the way up! F97-marked

Sponsored

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@DanW

No guarantees with the AM thing... it always works with no volume but not always... but does most of the with the low volume scenario. I rarely have the low volume or no volume quirl happen

Your Tazer JL Mini has the ability to reboot as you mentioned... but I could do an F97 fuse pull faster then a Tazer reboot.. I have pulled F97 so many times... I have it marked with white out for an easy find..
F97-marked.jpg
Thanks so much for your quick response. I will do the F97 fuse pull!

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL
Just a heads up...if you do the fuse pull and have xmradio it will go away for about 10 minutes but it will return ....Happened to me and thought I screwed it up but it came back.

OP
OP
scottijohn63

scottijohn63

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just a heads up...if you do the fuse pull and have xmradio it will go away for about 10 minutes but it will return ....Happened to me and thought I screwed it up but it came back.
Thanks for the heads up! Returned to normal this am with out fuse pull, but will use it in the future!
Sponsored