Sponsored

Radio Shutting off, and Clock Resetting.

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLR 2.0T (past), '22 JLR 3.6 (present)
After 17 months I just started having weird problems with my radio. I have the larger 8.4" Infotainment. Never a problem until now. I got a oil change last month and they updated the radio software. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? My radio will turn ON/OFF by itself and reboot randomly. It also has weak SAT reception that cuts on/off. It also gets stuck where the volume won't go past 8 on the dial. Turning the radio power ON/OFF does not reset anything. The MUTE button does not work. Turning off the car's ignition and restarting engine does not change anything. Switching from XM radio to FM and back to XM seemed to do something because the volume goes back to normal after that. The "Favorites" feature keeps flashing on/off I have favorite songs or artist when I don't. Recently the display screen and back-up camera turns all BLUE after going from reverse to drive. Thankfully I was able to video it while it was actually happening a couple of times so I can show the dealer's tech.

Anyone have these issues and was the dealer able to fix the problems?
Sponsored

Last edited:

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
After 17 months I just started having weird problems with my radio. I have the larger 8.4" Infotainment. Never a problem until now. I got a oil change last month and they updated the radio software. Not sure if that has anything to do with it? My radio will turn ON/OFF by itself and reboot randomly. It also has weak SAT reception that cuts on/off. It also gets stuck where the volume won't go past 8 on the dial. Turning the radio power ON/OFF does not reset anything. The MUTE button does not work. Turning off the car's ignition and restarting engine does not change anything. Switching from XM radio to FM and back to XM seemed to do something because the volume goes back to normal after that. The "Favorites" feature keeps flashing on/off I have favorite songs or artist when I don't. Recently the display screen and back-up camera turns all BLUE after going from reverse to drive. Thankfully I was able to video it while it was actually happening a couple of times so I can show the dealer's tech.

Anyone have these issues and was the dealer able to fix the problems?
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing this concern. If you would like any additional assistance, our team is always available via private message!

Alison
JeepCares
Is this a known problem? I will schedule a trip to the dealer and show them the video. Thanks

viper88

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my

I am at the dealership now looking at a 3rd UConnect radio replacement. C'mon Jeep find a fix for this issue. Hear a pop, then radio resets (besides the losing of time, I came to live with that irritation)
Did the dealer ever figure it out and fix your problem?

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
My back up camera was intermittent and my radio was randomly rebooting and I found out about an update it needed. I got that done and the issues continued. I just got it back from the dealer today and they said they are ordering a "new" unit which should be here in a week. The service tech said the replacements aren't new but refurbished. He said that Jeep doesn't replace the head units with new ones just ones that have been serviced and repaired. He said sometimes it solves the problem and sometimes it doesn't. šŸ¤”

Sponsored

wolf

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
On my third Rubicon(2dr's 2020, 2015 jetta diesel/2013 mb
Occupation
retired
The dealer replaced my 8.4 unit. Problem still there. No gps,lat-long or altitude. Something so easy to fix and they just donā€™t.

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Is this a known problem? I will schedule a trip to the dealer and show them the video. Thanks
No problem. Please keep us updated!

Alison
JeepCares

Friday2322

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JLUR
Here we go again.... I just picked my Jeep up yesterday after having the radio replaced. I was running errands today for about 3 hours and on my way home the radio rebooted twice and then once it came on the audio would cut out every 4-5 seconds for about 1 second šŸ˜”... I drove straight to the dealership and had one of the service techs listen to it for himself. Needless to say it's going back to the shop this week for one of the mechanics to make sure everything is properly connected before they order another radio. I was told sometimes it takes 2-3 radios before they get a good one since they are refurbs. Jeep does not put new radios in as replacements. Very frustrating to say the least... I had my 2010 JKUR for 10 years and never had an issue outside of normal recalls. Maybe they need to dumb them down a little and stop making them so electronics dependant.

Sponsored

BrianMurfy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
This has been happening more frequently than in the past. I will start the Jeep, and within a minute, the entire radio will shut down, and restart. I will notice that the radio clock and instrument clock will have reset itself to 12:00AM too.
I just love all these little gremlins FCA gave us. Is there a TSB on this subject? Are others having this issue?

FYI, while waiting for my latest radio replacement heard a mechanic talking about last radio update screwed up a bunch of radios and that it won't have a fix until next year. Don't know which model radio they were talking about but my service advisor said that wasn't the same for my numerous radios.

Cougar8000

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 4door
Having same issue with my 18 JLU. about a month ago it started happening almost every time I start it. Radio 8.4 screen would cycle about 3-4 times on/off before anything would work. So annoying as it would take about 10 min and most of my drives are 10-15 long.

So, sounds like replacement is not going to solve the problem, rather wait for the next update is a solution?

BrianMurfy

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler JLU
Having same issue with my 18 JLU. about a month ago it started happening almost every time I start it. Radio 8.4 screen would cycle about 3-4 times on/off before anything would work. So annoying as it would take about 10 min and most of my drives are 10-15 long.

So, sounds like replacement is not going to solve the problem, rather wait for the next update is a solution?
The service advisor I have been working with has said he hasn't had any customer go through as many radios. He said usually one fixes it. Also he said my radio wasn't under the same memo from Jeep.

The Pointer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
One
It's hilarious, I had an 1988 4-runner that had a little tiny digital clock in the dash and it held time far better than my 2019 Jeep.
I know, but I regularly read here that a boring, reliable and capable Toyota would not be fun to own.

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Stupid question, did people check their fuses to be sure they were seated? If they haven't been seated, did you check the contacts for corrosion? I've seen people find this issue from 18's to 21's. Not sure how its gone on that long. I'm also skeptical it will solve your problems, but if it does for one person this post was worth it.
Sponsored