Sponsored

radio on gauge lights off

Royce1016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler 4d jl
help I want to listen to radio with engine off and no dash lights, can not figure it out
Sponsored

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
There are three positions to the Start Button - OFF - ACC - RUN. Press the Start button and leave in ACC. The radio will play for 10 min after you shut off your engine. So I am sure that can be re-programmed as well or bypassed.

OP
OP
Royce1016

Royce1016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler 4d jl
thanks for the reply, I can listen to the radio just fine in ACC. the issue is turning off the dash lights while doing so.

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
ah... ok...misunderstood. Not sure there is a way to completely turn them off but you can use the dials for the dash lights and roll them all the way down and that should give you a close appearance of them being off. What I will probably do is rewire the power of the radio so that the ACC line (usually a yellow wire), is in series with a Aux Switch and then to battery. This can be drain your battery if left unattended but you could add a timer circuit I suppose so it cuts out after a few hours.

OP
OP
Royce1016

Royce1016

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 wrangler 4d jl
thanks again, also tried dimmers prior to post they don't even dim when on ACC. Thought for sure and hoping I was just being dumb but I guess it's the designers not me. Good plan moving radio to Aux switch I have one spare. Don't get me wrong I'm not complaining Wrangler still the greatest vehicle ever wouldn't trade it for nothing!

xeon

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon
I agree...love it! We all use it differently and for different reasons and customize it to fit our own unique needs.
Sponsored