Radio on and all lights off drive-in theater

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
Did some searching and didn’t see anything so starting a thread with keywords in case others search later.

For those that have taken their JL to a drive-in theater, are there any issues with the radio staying on while in ACC mode for 2+ hours or does it shut off?

For lighting, it looks like LED DRL can be disabled easily by going to settings—>lights and disabling DRL, flash lights with lock (for trips to the snack stand), and setting headlight off delay and illumination on approach to zero. Prior searches show the rings can be disabled while in “run” with a Tazer. I plan to stay in ACC - anyone have firsthand experience with whether or not I’ll have issues keeping the radio on for the whole movie?

Keywords: movie drivein drive-in theater lights out off

Thanks!

-AL
Sponsored

damyers8

First Name
Duane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Punk'n JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Went to a drive-in earlier this month. Mine shut off every 30 minutes so I had to turn it back on. It was kind of a pain. Next time I will probably just bring a radio with me.

D60

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Yeah I think it's lame disabling the DRL's doesn't kill the halos. I'll be using the Tazer for this if it works, they're too AutoZone accessory aisle for me. Maybe I should pick up some Spectre chrome valve cover bolt caps....

Sponsored

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
Are you posting from the year 1950? I haven't seen a drive-in since i was a kid!

Marty McFly: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine … out of a JL?

Doc:
The way I see it Marty, if you’re going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?

JP18

First Name
J.P.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Are you posting from the year 1950? I haven't seen a drive-in since i was a kid!

Marty McFly: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me you built a time machine … out of a JL?

Doc:
The way I see it Marty, if you’re going to build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?
They are actually making a come back!

JP18

Stormin’ Moorman

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUR, 20 JLUR, 21 JL, 21 GCL, 89 YJ, 04 LJ
Occupation
Forester
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely want a more private vehicle with a big back seat for a drive in. You know, for getting busy. :fist bump:

Sponsored

OP
OP
Aclud4

Aclud4

First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUS
@GreyFox thank you! Going to suck having to cycle off/ACC/run every half hour because the halls will come on when it moves to run. Thanks for the reply...I’ll use google search instead :)

We have one drive in about a half hour away...I have never been but heard it gets packed.

-AL

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I would definitely want a more private vehicle with a big back seat for a drive in. You know, for getting busy. :fist bump:
You're NOT supposed to be putting mods onto your Jeep during the movie!!! :angel:

Jeepney18

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Toyota Corolla S, 2018 JL Sport S Unlimited
Vehicle Showcase
We went last weekend. Left it in ACC and had to keep turning it back on after it timed out.

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR

Doc:
Doc: All you have to do is get up to 88mph!

Marty McFly: Wait a minute. Wait a minute Doc, uh, are you telling me 88mph... In a JL? We're uh, we're uh, going to need A LOT more road!
Sponsored