Radio no sound

bayou girl

First Name
Sallye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLR
Everything was working perfectly fine when I parked it in the garage. Start it up this morning and suddenly there's no sound. Tried every source (XM, FM, CarPlay, Media, etc) and its the same story. Checked the UConnect version and it says I'm up to date. This is beyond frustrating. I've made 2 payments on this Jeep and its already having problems like this?

If anybody narrows down the exact cause/fix for this issue, please don't forget to let us know.
Mine just did this too... it is not muted, and no matter which source I choose, there is no sound. The display shows the appropriate data, but nothing comes out of the speakers, as if it's muted. Was working fine, parked for a few minutes and now it doesn't work.
Sponsored

bayou girl

First Name
Sallye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Granite Crystal JLR
This just happened to me today. It worked when I parked. 10 minutes later, no sound. I tried changing sources between FM, XM, and media (USB). None of those worked until I hit the AM source. Then it all worked. Strange.
Thanks! worked for me too once I selected AM. Who knew AM would one day have its uses.

EASaharaUJL

First Name
Earl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL
I've had this happen to me. I either turn it off and on or just switch sources. Seems like a flaw, but haven't bothered to take it in yet.
After selecting AM source, the audio came back. Everything else, cited on this thread did not work for me ie shutting down the car and restarting it, unplugging the USB cable, etc... seems like AM is the magical “restore” feature?

Jhatley7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JTR, 2022 F350, 2021 G23
Has all of these fix’s not worked for anyone? Nothing has worked for me yet, AM, soft reboot, hard reboot, unplugged the amp. Nadda.

Sponsored

unsavory

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR XR 2.0T Auto, 2019 JLUR V6 Manual (sold)
I just ran into this same issue, and hitting AM did in fact fix it. Thought it was my phone at first, since I usually listen to music from that source.

MaryM

First Name
Mary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Sahara Unlimited
Hello! This happened to me this morning, and I found the same resolution mentioned worked for me. AM radio. Why? Why? Who knows. Thank you!

ChuckF

First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
2019 JLUR same problem with no sound. Switching to AM resolved it.

rikkas

First Name
Simone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sahara bright white
Just happened to me! Solved with AM!!! Thanks forum!!

ColumbusMatt

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1987 Grand Wagoneer, 1968 Jeepster Commando, 1983 Eagle Station Wagon, 2019 JLU
I just had the same problem. No source worked. Even the navigation and voice control were silent. Selecting AM fixed it.

This seems to be a well documented problem that has been going on for a long time (per posts in this thread). You would think that Jeep/FCA would fix the problem?

Sponsored

303rider

First Name
Soleil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Vehicle Showcase
I had this same issue and this thread saved me a whole deal of trouble.

SWITCH TO AM WORKS NOT FM THOUGH.

gallidl007

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU
Add me to the list. Turned my JLU on this morning and no sound. The AM switch fixed it. Any word on an update from Jeep?

jlgaustin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Rubicon
Add me to the list. Turned my JLU on this morning and no sound. The AM switch fixed it. Any word on an update from Jeep?
Same issue here.. 2 days in a row, when starting it up in the morning. Works rest of day then next morning nothing, until I push the AM source.

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
When ever I have no sound on my stereo if I hit the AM source button it fixes everything. It’s a shame they built such a nice Jeep but riddled with little annoying problems as this.

I have found that this happens when I get in start my car and put it in reverse too fast. It never happens when I let all the electronics boot up for 5 seconds. I’ve found this to be the reason every time
I know this is an old thread, but I just had this same problem and pressed the am button and magically it came back on. Anyone know why this is occurring?

captainstabbins

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
I know this is an old thread, but I just had this same problem and pressed the am button and magically it came back on. Anyone know why this is occurring?
Because the radio is glitchy as hell.....Not just on the Wranglers but all Jeep vehicles. I think that Jeep have locked down these radios so tight that they can't fix them without rewriting a bunch of code. Guess they don't want our radios to be hacked and someone take control of the vehicle.
Sponsored