Radio defaults to SiriusXM on startup?

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Does anyone have any idea how to change the default radio behavior on startup? I'd prefer it to pick up where it left off (Bluetooth); however, it always switches to SiriusXM and I have to switch to Media > Bluetooth which is annoying. I have a JLUR with the 7" UConnect.
Sponsored

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara
I don't have one to play with but I recall the discussion about being able to take any "button" on the screen and move it to the bottom. Not a total solution but can go to Media and then drag the bluetooth button to the bottom? Then at least you have a quick access button to switch it.

AZCrawl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Granite Jeep JLUR
See if you have an FM radio station selected before you turn it off. It may be a function that it won't go to a Bluetooth or USB device upon start up, but mine will start on a radio or Sirius XM radio depending on what I was on last.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
See if you have an FM radio station selected before you turn it off. It may be a function that it won't go to a Bluetooth or USB device upon start up, but mine will start on a radio or Sirius XM radio depending on what I was on last.
Good point. I think he wants it to default to Bluetooth though. After reading your post it makes sense. On my JK, when starting, it won't be set to Bluetooth even if that is what it was last on. It goes to the radio. I believe this is because upon startup the Bluetooth connection is not made yet so it defaults to another media source that has a connection.

I believe putting the shortcut to Bluetooth at the bottom row may be the closest you are going to get to switching to it quickly.

Sponsored

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
In the JK it doesn’t do it either. The only options were radio (terrestrial or sat), CD, aux and the built-in HDD, both bluetooth and USB were not available until selected, as they received power separately after startup and were not initiated/accessible before then.

However, my understanding is that now in the JL the USBs have low power sleep mode for storage and phone connectivity for CarPlay/AA, so that they will stay selected on start-up. However just like before it look like the Blutooth doesn’t keep /establigh it’s connection until the start-up routine, so it’s not a default option, and so the Uconnect looks for the last stateful connection and uses that one, so if before using blutooth you were listening to AM1010 it will start there first, then you toggle to BT.

In the current configuration there is no way to set a ‘prefer start-up source’ or any start-up routine to select inputs, it will somply revert to the last ‘always-available’ input used.

Hope that help explain it for ya’.

OP
OP
bzjeep

bzjeep

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Thanks everyone. I'll see if adding a bluetooth shortcut is possible. My main gripe was that the XM is louder than the Bluetooth signal so every time I start up, I have my ears blown off!

In the Mazda I just sold, it would always resume Bluetooth. Hopefully they can enhance that in the future on the Jeep.

obwahn

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLR (Wrikki), 2018 Grand Sport (V)
Occupation
Retired puter dork
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks everyone. I'll see if adding a bluetooth shortcut is possible. My main gripe was that the XM is louder than the Bluetooth signal so every time I start up, I have my ears blown off!

In the Mazda I just sold, it would always resume Bluetooth. Hopefully they can enhance that in the future on the Jeep.
I can verify for ya that usb does automatically come up if that's where you last were. That being said, mine likes to decide on it's own just what song I should listen to. Depending on the usb stick I put in, I either always restart from song #1 after the jeep sits powered off, or I start on song #11. One other usb stick always restarts on song #13. Go figure. Yes I have an open case with FCA too. So far dealer failed to make it happen, of course. Not a biggie in my book tho.

$uicide$hift

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LOL reminds me of when I am on my Road Glide. I have a 2K sound system in it and when riding the volume is up as the wind is much louder and you compensate for it. If I forget to drop the volume after I park it I have scared the shat out of myself when starting it.

The Great Grape Ape

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKU AspenX 5spd , 2015 JK Sport 6spd
Unfortunatly there is no volume adjust for BT in Uconnect, just the Aux input.

One of the biggest problems is that many soft copies of songs are poorly encoded and/or have normalized volume built in, or have traded treble for base so the BT needs higher volumes than the other inouts to sound similar.

Compounding the issue, most BT is artificially lowered by phone/player mfrs set to like 95% volume or less to ‘protect users from themselves’; Apple changed/removed their integrated volume boost a few OS iterations back, same happened to some Android devices, so you need 3rd party apps to restore full volume or boost them at the source.

Look in the app store for your device for a BT volume booster.
I don’t endorse or advocate any, this is just a well used & reviewed example;
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.goodev.volume.booster&hl=en

Good luck!

Sponsored

Gulfambrian

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.culbertsonagency.com
Vehicle(s)
Tesla Model S // 1964 Ford F-100/ Jeep JlU
Occupation
Insurance
Following. Would love to have it default to what I was previously listening to. I listen via Bluetooth almost often, but when I get back in the car it defaults back to XM, and it’s incre loud due to volume difference.

Matthew/E36

First Name
Classified
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Two Thousand and Eighteen Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

Funny, mine has started in bluetoith but Ive never selected and used bluetoith audio inout!

Of course my radio turned on when I was just driving down the road last week too. Lol.
Sponsored