Sponsored

Radiator Fan Wiring Harness

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '15 Tacoma
So I needed to take my airbox out to route my winch wiring the way I wanted. The airbox grommets were fairly stiff pulling it out. The radiator fan connector got smacked when taking the box out and the locking tab broke off the connector. I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number for just the cable from the fuse box to the front. The radiator side of the cable is fine. I haven't been able to find anything online yet. '20 2.0t JLUR if that matters.
2akeVIv.jpg
Sponsored

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
So I needed to take my airbox out to route my winch wiring the way I wanted. The airbox grommets were fairly stiff pulling it out. The radiator fan connector got smacked when taking the box out and the locking tab broke off the connector. I'm wondering if anyone knows the part number for just the cable from the fuse box to the front. The radiator side of the cable is fine. I haven't been able to find anything online yet. '20 2.0t JLUR if that matters.
2akeVIv.jpg
Can you run a zip tie thru the wires and secured it that way? Might be a much easier and cheaper solution. As to your question, the dealer can source it I’m sure. No idea the cost.

Brett

OP
OP
thisispainful

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '15 Tacoma
Can you run a zip tie thru the wires and secured it that way? Might be a much easier and cheaper solution. As to your question, the dealer can source it I’m sure. No idea the cost.

Brett
Yeah, I'll probably do something along those lines. The connecter itself is fine. Just that it potentially could come apart without the locking tab. Although there really isn't any movement in those wires once connected. Going to phone the dealer tomorrow morning.

OP
OP
thisispainful

thisispainful

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLUR, '15 Tacoma
Just an update. Dealer wasn't able to figure out exactly which part number that cable is. They think it might be part of a larger harness. I'm not too sure myself. The solution I've settled with is they ordered part# 68274243ab thinking it was what I needed. It's not, but I was able to make it work. I de-pinned the connector off of the new donor part and moved it over to my existing harness. Lubed the two rubber grommets under the airbox so it's easier to remove if I need to again.
CSDKdwG.jpg
9Y1c6qn.jpg
AbfdRVS.jpg

C41331

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Rubicon 4x4
I literally ran into this exact problem on my 2021 JLUR. How's this solution holding up?

Sponsored

mwilk012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ocean Blue JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Service
Any large diameter two pin connector will work. Just need both ends. Zip ties work great too.

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
@thisispainful

Did you find a replacement connector? Yesterday I busted mine off the plastic shroud while removing the air box. There's a little slot on the fan side of the connector that slides onto the shroud and that piece broke. The connection can be zip tied in place, but, it still bugs me and I'd like to replace it if I can.

That's a bad place to put that connection, it's crappily engineered and too weak, and I'm also annoyed that the air box is held together with screws instead of quick-release clips. Why?!

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
@thisispainful

Did you find a replacement connector? Yesterday I busted mine off the plastic shroud while removing the air box. There's a little slot on the fan side of the connector that slides onto the shroud and that piece broke. The connection can be zip tied in place, but, it still bugs me and I'd like to replace it if I can.

That's a bad place to put that connection, it's crappily engineered and too weak, and I'm also annoyed that the air box is held together with screws instead of quick-release clips. Why?!
I literally did this today installing my CAI. I wound up just zip tieing between the red/black on each side. Just snug enough to keep it from coming apart. Did you replace yours or just leave it?

NWJeepr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Rubicon XR
I literally did this today installing my CAI. I wound up just zip tieing between the red/black on each side. Just snug enough to keep it from coming apart. Did you replace yours or just leave it?
The clip that holds it tight against the shroud busted, not the part that holds the connector together. After googling to the moon trying to find a replacement connector, I decided a zip tie was good enough to hold it in place.
Sponsored