Sponsored

Racor Lift with Topsy gears and hinge hooks

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
My Racor gets delivered by Amazon tomorrow. Already have the Topsy hooks and straps along with the upgraded cams. Will do the install this weekend and put the soft top on for the first time. It’s still in the factory box from delivery.
I upgraded the lag screw that go into “ceiling” as included lag screws were junk. I went w spax.
Sponsored

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
I upgraded the lag screw that go into “ceiling” as included lag screws were junk. I went w spax.
I definitely will use Spax. Did you use Spax lag bolts or screws? My only concern is that the screw heads are not as thick as the bolts to support that weight hanging down. I’m afraid the screw head will shear off. Thanks.

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
My Racor gets delivered by Amazon tomorrow. Already have the Topsy hooks and straps along with the upgraded cams. Will do the install this weekend and put the soft top on for the first time. It’s still in the factory box from delivery.
I'm also in Chicagoland and I installed the Racor and Topsy last weekend...and have soft top in box in my garage. Hoping for enough sunshine to install soft top this week!

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
I definitely will use Spax. Did you use Spax lag bolts or screws? My only concern is that the screw heads are not as thick as the bolts to support that weight hanging down. I’m afraid the screw head will shear off. Thanks.
I went w bolts for that same reason. I figure the bolt heads are bigger than what came w the kit.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
I'm also in Chicagoland and I installed the Racor and Topsy last weekend...and have soft top in box in my garage. Hoping for enough sunshine to install soft top this week!
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure you watch Quadratec’s YouTube video on installing the soft top for the first time. The video is awesome.

Sponsored

bpdunsta

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU Moab
If you haven’t seen it yet, make sure you watch Quadratec’s YouTube video on installing the soft top for the first time. The video is awesome.
Managed to get soft top installed today. Had some issues getting the front to latch at first. Then the side windows wouldn't go following the Quadratec video....reversed the order and got them in. Back window went in easy. Now having issues getting front to unlatch "easily". Gonna give it some time to stretch out and break-in a bit.

OhReally

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Hellayella JLUS, Honda Odyssey
Managed to get soft top installed today. Had some issues getting the front to latch at first. Then the side windows wouldn't go following the Quadratec video....reversed the order and got them in. Back window went in easy. Now having issues getting front to unlatch "easily". Gonna give it some time to stretch out and break-in a bit.
Let it sit outside in the sun a few days and it becomes a lot easier.

Brosef

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL 392
installed my Racor this past weekend; super easy install. I also did the Topsy brackets and the upgraded cams (and even did safety chains as a fail safe - definitely overkill, but cheap insurance and good excuse to use my bolt cutters).

one thing I noted when installing the cams is that the U-bolts that attach the eye bolts to the supplied cables all seemed like they could have been tighter. since you need to remove one side of each cable in order to install the cams, it was easy to notice. so I went ahead and tightened all of them up, and I'm glad I did.

cgagnon99

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Sport Altitude
Sorry to revive an old thread, but my new JLU is on order and I'm trying to figure out the best hoist system. My garage is shallow, the JLU Sport Altitude fits by about 8". If I backed in and had to leave space to open the rear gate and Hard Top Window, the RACOR rack would be too far forward. I see you don't have your spare on in this pic. I was thinking I'd need to do that anyway.

I plan on getting the Topsy brackets, if I disconnected the connections, would I be able to back in with the rear gate closed and still remove the top? Or does that rear gate NEED to be open in order to actually lift the top off?