Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Racor ift installed today. I upgrade cable cams with the Topsy product just to be safe. Also got the Hinge Hooks and straps for lifting the the hard top.

Not too hard but lots of up and down the ladder. Can’t wait till spring to get the hard top off. Hardest part will be backing in and getting it lined up.

85C56A4A-8EEF-4111-A3C0-E526061634AE.jpeg

EFD547FF-F9CA-4201-9369-CDF11634277B.jpeg
Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CHEROKEE TRAILHAWK/ JEEP GLADIATOR
Occupation
RETIRED
The RACOR HOIST is GREAT--good choice--

I've had mine up for over 8 years and lifted my JKUR top off, besides storing a bunch of other stuff--

023.jpg

They're a good buy also !

JIMBO

BWWJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JLU Sport S
Vehicle Showcase
Hardest part will be backing in and getting it lined up.
I was thinking of painting lines (or industrial tape) on my garage floor to match the lines in backup camera.

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
No problemo--just back up the jeep to approximate position, then using two long 2x4's you can jocky the top in the RIGHT SPOT--

EasyPeasy

W.E.

JIMBO

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
I don't know, but if you keep the RACOR PLATFORM IN PLACE, there's no need for any change in the cable pulley's

Mine has been used almost monthly for almost 8 years and no mishaps/errors/hangups !

JIMBO

jedisrus

First Name
Jose
Threads
Reaction score
New Mexico, Not really new - not really Mexico...
Vehicle(s)
2018 GCM JLUR 3.6 Auto
Vehicle Showcase
I don't know, but if you keep the RACOR PLATFORM IN PLACE, there's no need for any change in the cable pulley's

Mine has been used almost monthly for almost 8 years and no mishaps/errors/hangups !

JIMBO
Thanks for the reply. What do you mean by in place?

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
A lotta guys use the RACOR--WITHOUT the associated platform, that aligns/secures the (4) lifting cables--
023.jpg

It's really a performance requirement !

JIMBO

TA1ton

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JLU Sport S
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
@BWWJL; I got my Jeep lined up where it needed to be and used a sharpie to make an outline about 1” wide and 1.5’ long for the outside and center lines and another about 1” wide and 2.5’ long for where the bottom of my spare lined up in the camera. I then took electrical tape and filled in the outline. You won’t get it exact every time you line up on them, but it’s close enough to get the top off with no problems. It’s much easier as a two man job...one person to watch the camera and another to mark the floor...otherwise you have to get a straight edge and keeping moving it and then checking the camera until you get it lined up properly.

OP
OP
Woodynj

Woodynj

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
I keep going back and forth on getting this. I keep seeing comments on upgrading the cable cams. What does this entail?
Topsy Prodcuts makes and metal replaceplat cam. The racor loft comes with plastic ones that some have said failed and broke. They may not be 100 percent needed but the fact that I park my Jeep under the lift I wanted the extra security. If the cams fail the platform will fall. The topsy cams are $20. Cheap insurance.

Sponsored

JIMBOX

First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
RETIRED
That must be with the latest RACOR(CHINA) purchase--

Mine is over 9 years old and I've used it almost weekly--no failures and if one of the plastic pulleys did fail--the platform wouldn't fall more than 1"--but

I can understand the latest steel pulley replacements, for ease of mind--

One of the reasons for the plastic pulley failure may be the lift cables slipping OFF the pulley due to mis-alignment/improper wrapping on the main CAM SHAFT--

W.E.

JIMBO

hjr2122

First Name
Hector
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler JL
Vehicle Showcase
Got my Racor ift installed today. I upgrade cable cams with the Topsy product just to be safe. Also got the Hinge Hooks and straps for lifting the the hard top.

Not too hard but lots of up and down the ladder. Can’t wait till spring to get the hard top off. Hardest part will be backing in and getting it lined up.

85C56A4A-8EEF-4111-A3C0-E526061634AE.jpeg

EFD547FF-F9CA-4201-9369-CDF11634277B.jpeg
Agree on the up and down the ladder thing but it is working great so far.

Tfom

First Name
Terence
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara
I keep going back and forth on getting this. I keep seeing comments on upgrading the cable cams. What does this entail?
Agree with @Woodynj. You're already installing the cams, it just means installing the better ones from Topsy. I love mine.

Steevr

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Unlimited Rubicon, 2015 F-150 Platinum
My Racor gets delivered by Amazon tomorrow. Already have the Topsy hooks and straps along with the upgraded cams. Will do the install this weekend and put the soft top on for the first time. It’s still in the factory box from delivery.
Sponsored