Sponsored

Rack/tent total height - Anyone have the MAXIMUS-3 JL 2 DOOR ROOF RACK with a ikamper Skycamp Mini roof tent on a JL?

AlanRhodesAZ

First Name
Alan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangle JL
I have a new JL 2 door with a AEV 2.5”- 3” lift and concern if I add a roof tent I will not be able to get in my garage. Reading the Maximus-3 site the roof rack and needing accessories bar is around 4” then the ikamper mini hight closed is 13.5” based on web sites..... So a total of 17.5” from hard roof to top of closed tent. With my lift I only have 17” nominal from top of my hard roof to garage top hight. I could take the trim off on garage if needed to gain a little more but hoping for some real world measurements from someone that has a Maximus-3 rack and roof tent or suggestions on a different roof rack/tent low profile.

Thank you in advanced
Sponsored

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I don’t have one but I have been looking debating for quite awhile due to the same thoughts/problems. You have to account for mounting brackets for the tent too, in most cases another inch or so max.

I have the Maximus 3 and pioneer rack and will measure it tomorrow to get a better idea of how much height that alone added.

My buddy had the roofnest condor overland and is more than happy with it. He actually prefers it over his old ikamper. Comes with more features out of the box, is 10” tall, same size as ikamper mini, cheaper and has a flat top with the option to mount stuff on top of it! It’s worth looking at, at least.

hope that semi helps

Jeepless

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep JLUR XR
I don’t have one but I have been looking debating for quite awhile due to the same thoughts/problems. You have to account for mounting brackets for the tent too, in most cases another inch or so max.

I have the Maximus 3 and pioneer rack and will measure it tomorrow to get a better idea of how much height that alone added.

My buddy had the roofnest condor overland and is more than happy with it. He actually prefers it over his old ikamper. Comes with more features out of the box, is 10” tall, same size as ikamper mini, cheaper and has a flat top with the option to mount stuff on top of it! It’s worth looking at, at least.

hope that semi helps
just noticed this is very old.. haha. Did you ever decide on an option?
Sponsored