First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0L Auto
Occupation
Metrology
That's probably the order I'll get it all installed over the next few weeks.
When your service manager said "don't bring it into the dealership with that on it", was he referencing all of the upgrades or one in particular?
JB4/IC pipe and DV+ was what he was referencing.

Cold air intake, as long as a good filter on it, and the oil catch can they don't seem to care about. I guess if you were having codes thrown that could be related they may request it gets returned to stock before they work on it.
Sponsored

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Any one else running this yet?
I've loved mine on my 2.0T. Although unfortunately I'm selling mine because my Jeep wont be driven much at all anymore and it won't serve it's purpose.

With the RC GTS, I saw pretty solid gains (2-4 MPG) on the Eco 4 mapping which is great for me having a JLUR and sizeable acceleration gains in the higher mappings. I definitely appreciate what it's given me and done. On long highway drive I make routinely, I went from receiving ~24MPG on that route, to ~27MPG on that same route (calculated) between the Race chip being off and in the Eco 4 mapping.

paulr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Sting Gray JLUR
Reviving this thread from the dead just to share some feedback....

Racechip DOES NOT work at altitude. I tried troubleshooting with 2 different units and about 10 custom tunes made by Racechip and they couldn't get it to work.

Once above 7,000 ft altitude and coasting downhill it trips the computer into all sorts of service electronic throttle control and service electronic stability errors and you get a full loss of power, super dangerous.

Racechip was super nice and helpful, but never able to get it to work and ended up returning the unit. If you drive to the mountains or live at high altitude I would not use this.

I will say that when it was working I got some impressive MPG gains (+60 to 80ish miles on the range of a tank) when driving lightly, as much as I wish to have that can't justify it with the safety issue.

F2F

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JL Sport Altitude 2.0L Turbo
Wanted to share some initial impressions of the Racechip RS. Everyone seems to have installed the GTS and the RS is itā€™s less expensive little brother. Driving around on the stock setting (3) I didnā€™t noticed much of a difference over stock. Maybe a little better acceleration in daily driving and nothing when getting into it.

I didnā€™t try 4 or 5 - I just moved it straight to the max setting of 6. Another forum member mentioned needing to put some miles on the Jeep to take full advantage of the chip. I only put a couple miles on the Jeep thus far with it set to 6, but holy ā€” this thing pulls nicely now. The difference is immediately noticeable and it does throw me back in my seat a bit more. I feel like I can hear the Turbo a bit better now as well.

Again, this is just an early impression so Iā€™ll make sure to report back once I have more miles on her. I use 93 octane btw šŸ˜
Sponsored

Last edited: