Sponsored

Quote on Tires Seems High

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
Looking to upgrade my Sahara; I love the factory rims and want to keep them but definitely want to upgrade the tires to 35” BFG KO2

Went down to discount tire and this is what I was quoted, which seemed high from my research. They also told me I couldn’t put 35” KO2s on the Sahara rims.

Questions are:
1) Is this a high quote
2) Can I go 35” on factory rim?

image.jpg
Sponsored

UNC Rubicon

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Billet Silver JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
A quick google search shows $321 is fairly typical. If you’ve found them cheaper, DT will price match.

Do you have a lift? If not, it’s going to be hard to squeeze 35x12.50s under there unless it’s a pavement princess and even then, you may need spacers.

OP
OP
Visible15

Visible15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Sahara
A quick google search shows $321 is fairly typical. If you’ve found them cheaper, DT will price match.

Do you have a lift? If not, it’s going to be hard to squeeze 35x12.50s under there unless it’s a pavement princess and even then, you may need spacers.
No lift yet, was hoping to get away with 35s on a 2" lift, factory rims. But DT PM'd me and explained why that may not be possible

Sponsored

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Yeah, KO2's are expensive, but they're a great tire. Tire Rack seems to be awfully high on KO2's lately, not sure why. Literally $100/more a tire than Discount.

rustyshakelford

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Brett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR-8 speed 2020 F-350
DT and many other places won’t still a 12.5 wide tire on the stock 7.5” rim. The tire manufactures require a minimum of 8” wide wheel. They will work great but it’s going against the tire manufacture and opens them up to liability. Smaller mom/pop places will usually do it though.

There are lots of options in the 35/12.5 range priced more attractive than the bfg

Brett

MarkY3130

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR
Vehicle Showcase
Reminder that tires for 18” wheels are way more expensive than for 17” wheels. May be worth your time quoting out new 17” wheels and tires. Certainly won’t break even on the 1st set of tires, but could over a couple sets, unless you go with an expensive wheel choice.

Punkindave

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR 2.0 Turbo Bluebicon, 2020 JLUR 2.0 Turbo (Wife's)
Occupation
ITS Project Manager
Reminder that tires for 18” wheels are way more expensive than for 17” wheels. May be worth your time quoting out new 17” wheels and tires. Certainly won’t break even on the 1st set of tires, but could over a couple sets, unless you go with an expensive wheel choice.
Just as a reference:
I just installed 317/70/17-113 BFG KO2s and they were $260ea. Picked up some inexpensive 9" polished aluminum wheels for $110ea

ChrispyJL

First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk"N JLU Sport s
Occupation
Building Mechanic
35s fit a Sahara with no lift?
I would go with a wider wheel, but that is just my preference as I don't like any of the stock wheels looks or offset.

I would research more.

That is a wide tire for a stock wheel, I would think due to the offset of the stock wheel you will be rubbing on control arms, and possibly fenders if you offroad.

BFG are expensive, great tire for sure, but there are comparable tires for way cheaper.

Hell, I am LOVING my Pathfinder all terrains I got from DTD, made by Hankook, quiet, great traction in rain, dry, sand, mud and dirt so far, I am confident they will be great in the snow.

Also watch the load rating, short of climbing rocks you don't need E rated tires on a jeep, and if you just trail ride, or don't offroad at all I wouldn't even get C rated, added weight, added $$ and no benefit.

Maybe C rated if you like hitting curbs and potholes

Gropax

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S Mojito Green
i have a sport s so we have the same fenders and height and i will say go with a 33 not the 35 unless you are going to do rubicon high profile fenders or a 2-2.5 inch lift. also with 35s you will lose all the pep your 3.45 gears had and you will need to regear to at least 4.10. and look at Falken Wildpeak AT3w in a P rating they are cheap $140-$170 and i have found no fault with mine. good traction in rain and they work good for light off roading down trails and dirt/gravel roads.
Sponsored

Last edited: