Sponsored

Quiz: name this trim piece...bonus poing for Mopar illustration

LS7

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'66 CJ5, ‘18 JLUR
I’m embarrassed to say I’m not sure how to remove the right rear interior trim piece on my 2020 two door JL.

I may have strong armed it causing the clip to pop out. Couldn’t find any videos.
It’s probably not the correct way, but on my four door, I first pried out the small piece that goes around the seatbelt, then pulled on the trim piece from around the edges. Its held on by 5-6 clips like you found (they go around mushroom-like metal protrusions), and numerous plastic and metal clips that fit into slots. Once I had the trim piece loose enough to see behind it, I used a long screwdriver to pry the remaining clips. I did have to purchase a couple of the clips like you found, because they broke. They are available online for about $3 each, or for $7 from my friendly dealer.
Sponsored

AllMoparParts.com

Peak Sponsor (Level 2)
First Name
Benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
I’m embarrassed to say I’m not sure how to remove the right rear interior trim piece on my 2020 two door JL.

I may have strong armed it causing the clip to pop out. Couldn’t find any videos.
Please see attached

- Benny

Attachments

drvn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU, 2014 JKU, 2005 TJ
Vehicle Showcase
I have to Agree with Ted here, Although our diagram is fuzzy I believe it to be part# 68125578AA used in the rear quarter trim section on the right side.

-Benny
Benny is correct. This is the part number for the OPs photos. This small black round plastic part holds in the cargo panels in the rear. I purchased them today myself.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quiz: name this trim piece...bonus poing for Mopar illustration 20230113_115306

OP
OP
donmontalvo

donmontalvo

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Website
donmontalvo.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon (Snazzberry)
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Systems Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Benny is correct. This is the part number for the OPs photos. This small black round plastic part holds in the cargo panels in the rear. I purchased them today myself.
Jeep Wrangler JL Quiz: name this trim piece...bonus poing for Mopar illustration 20230113_115306
I traded up my Jeep, but glad folks on this forum are so helpful!
Sponsored