Sponsored

Quirks not addressed in User Guide

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
How do you send a private message to JeepCares? I tried using the PM option on this forum, and I get an error message saying it can't be done...
I just opened a new private message and typed JeepCares in the participant line and the system automatically brought up their signature:

HBl78g.jpg
Sponsored

CarbonSteel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Wildtrak
Vehicle Showcase
Received mine via UPS today--it took less than a week.

Thank you @JeepCares!!

jeepdabest

First Name
Bobby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JL Sahara
First, I understand the User Guide I got with my 2020 JL is NOT the Owner's Manual. It says so right on page 1. If you want a manual order one, which I did. In the meantime there are a couple weird items I would like to know if anyone has figured out. First, the garage door opener in the visor does NOT work unless the vehicle is running. This is an annoyance and I am hopeful it can be programmed. Second, the seat comes on full bore heat and the steering wheel heat likewise. Maybe this is tied to the ambient temp? Hopeful this can be programmed too. I am sure to find other details.
I remember my priest giving me a sex manual before my wedding. Luckily it was only 3 pages. First page said: IN
Second page said: OUT
Third page said: REPEAT IF NECESSARY

JeepCares

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL

Sponsored

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
Just got it in the mail.... Used the link and received it in less than a week.
IMG_20191121_053038.jpg
Does anybody know what the supplemental battery is that the addendum refers to? I know the aux battery is also referred as the ESS battery, but I've never heard of a supplemental battery. And how could jump starting using only the supplemental battery result in injury or death? Any ideas @Rahneld and does this vague statement impact your canonical view of the owner's manual? (I know I'm poking the bear on this one, but @Rahneld has put a lot of thought into jump starting and we have a long weekend to discuss this :))

@JeepCares, do you have any access to FCA resources that can explain this addendum?

Adventure.AS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
Does anybody know what the supplemental battery is that the addendum refers to? I know the aux battery is also referred as the ESS battery, but I've never heard of a supplemental battery. And how could jump starting using only the supplemental battery result in injury or death? Any ideas @Rahneld and does this vague statement impact your canonical view of the owner's manual? (I know I'm poking the bear on this one, but @Rahneld has put a lot of thought into jump starting and we have a long weekend to discuss this :))

@JeepCares, do you have any access to FCA resources that can explain this addendum?
The digital manual refers to the the second battery used in ESS systems as the supplemental battery. p.365. No where in the manual is there a reference to 'aux battery' (not sure where you got that from?). On p. 463 the manual explains that there is an explosion risk from flammable battery gas. The complete procedure for jump starting begins on p.462.

Jebiruph

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU, 2019 KL, 2020 JT
The digital manual refers to the the second battery used in ESS systems as the supplemental battery. p.365. No where in the manual is there a reference to 'aux battery' (not sure where you got that from?). On p. 463 the manual explains that there is an explosion risk from flammable battery gas. The complete procedure for jump starting begins on p.462.
Thanks for the info, I cannot find any reference to a supplemental battery in my 2018 owner's manual and all the electrical schematics I've seen refer to it as the auxiliary battery. Now I know what the supplemental battery is.

The risk of an explosion from flammable battery gas is a standard warning for all jump starting, the risk of injury or death from jump starting with the supplemental battery is a different warning IMO.

Pilotjeep

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sahara 2.0 eTorque
Just went to order one, and got the same thing - six line items all the same. I will see what I get when it arrives.
Dodi you select just one or all six?

HuckleMonster

First Name
Gerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 392, 2023 TRX
Anyone know how to sync the temperature on the AC system? It used to change both zones when I pushed the Drivers temp up or down, now it will only do them independently. Want to push one temp button up or down and have it change both sides.

Thanks in advance

Sponsored

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
Anyone know how to sync the temperature on the AC system? It used to change both zones when I pushed the Drivers temp up or down, now it will only do them independently. Want to push one temp button up or down and have it change both sides.

Thanks in advance
The climate control screen has the sync button on it. (Page ~76 of the manual.)

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Does anybody know what the supplemental battery is that the addendum refers to?...
;)Perhaps it's the battery that the dealer replaces your main battery with two weeks after ownership when the 3.6L's ESS system, which you don't like anyway, stops working.

While you find the ESS system's failure to now engage just fine; preferred even, you bring the rig to the dealer anyway, fearing that ESS not kicking in could be signs of things more serious.;)

Durango

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited, 2019 Ram 1500 Quadcab 4X4, 2018 Challenger Hellcat, 2018 Charger SRT, 2018 American Dream, 2017 Ram 1500 Reg Cab 4X4, 2020 Redwood 3951MB, 2019 Mercedes 4WD Van

Rico1111

First Name
Rico
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Rubicon 2 door JL