Sponsored

Quiet my soft top

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU
I love my soft top. It takes 30 seconds or less to put it up or down, which I do multiple times a week. My big gripe is, the highway noise is very loud over 65 mph. It is hard to hold a conversation with a passenger or listen to the radio. I have owned two other convertibles and none have been this noisy. Is there anyway to add insulation or something to make it quieter?
Sponsored

tkelly11

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.wanderingobservations.com
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL Sport S 2 Door
Yeah I have the premium soft top and just got back from a 1500 mile road trip (round trip) and I found above 70mph it starts to get a bit lively. Its pretty smooth until that point. Then over 80mph I just didn't really talk much. Its pretty ok/impressive considering but would love to hear if others have any ideas on ways to further dampen the noise for future trips!

MikeJLUR

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 4 door Rubicon
I love my soft top. It takes 30 seconds or less to put it up or down, which I do multiple times a week. My big gripe is, the highway noise is very loud over 65 mph. It is hard to hold a conversation with a passenger or listen to the radio. I have owned two other convertibles and none have been this noisy. Is there anyway to add insulation or something to make it quieter?
Which soft top do you have?

dsgrey

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU
Vehicle Showcase
Maybe I'm deaf but my premium soft top is quiet, even at 75mph+. But we also made a 600+ mile round trip from one end of the state and back in early June with the top down without complaints.

OldGuyNewJeep

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL, 2016 Yukon XL
Maybe I'm deaf but my premium soft top is quiet, even at 75mph+. But we also made a 600+ mile round trip from one end of the state and back in early June with the top down without complaints.
^ this

Sponsored

Ksvette

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu sport s
odd question, but what engine do you have and do you have alpine? The 2.0 with the Alpine has a noise cancellation feature. I have found my soft top (it is the premium) to not be too crazy even at speed. My wife and I can talk, I can hear radio, no problem. I have had it at 85 without noticing before and had to back it off.