OP
Capricorn

Capricorn

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL Willys Unlimited 2021 3.0L EcoD, Dodge Durango R/T 2019
Occupation
Network Architect & Engineer
I think you may be overthinking the situation. To the other's points, I'd just use the 87, then refill with 91 when your tank is empty. On a related note, my daughter's 2004 Volvo XC90 requires 91, however, we've been putting 85 in it for years. It's a 2.5L 5 Cylinder Turbo motor. Runs fine on the lowest grade. Also, my previous BMW's required premium. Of course, I liked to put premium in, but again, but have put in lesser grades. Also ran fine. My 2 cents.
You are correct. I was overthinking - but this thread was educational and I feel much better since I started this thread and getting good advice from fellow Jeepers. :)

LincolnSixAlpha

First Name
Brian
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
You are correct. I was overthinking - but this thread was educational and I feel much better since I started this thread and getting good advice from fellow Jeepers. :)
Glad to hear! Sounds like your feeling better about the whole situation.

Litfuse

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 C7 Grand Sport, 2019 Ram 1500, 2017 Audi Q5.
I read that Torco will put an orange residue on the spark plugs.
Oh, it absolutely does. I use to run it in my Focus ST from time to time. I don’t suggest it unless your tuned and trying to reduce knock. This shouldn’t be an issue on a stock tune.

Unkle Fester

First Name
Kendall
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon Recon
Don’t take advice from me, you’ll end up drunk and naked in a park somewhere across town.

Advertisement

Extreme Terrain

Advertisement