Banned
Banned
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon, 2014 Grand Cherokee Limited Ecodiesel
I only put 4 of the bolts back in. The two behind the freedom panels and the two rear corner screws. No issues in 7 years.

RussJeep1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Sahara
I think quick removal hardware is a misnomer.

I do think quick removal *tools* -- like a cordless screw driver make quick work out of this.

And I also know there exists tool-less hardware with grab handles--but you're still going to twist these bolts pretty much the same number of rotations as the original bolts.

Speed comes in the use of tools on the conventional bolts, and tool-less ability comes in the form of the hardware already shown above.

nstone97

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep JK Sport - 2009 Chevy Avalanche
Occupation
Project Manager / Engineer

Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
Do you think those ^ will be strong enough to also use small bungee if needing to hold something in while the top is off? I like the way they look and think they might server a second function for a cover or webbing of some sort as well.

JLUSoCal

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR
Occupation
IT
Vehicle Showcase
That's going to make for one massive drill. Lol

Just buy a Milwaukee M12 ratchet.

Battery and charger are separate though.

Milwaukee 2457-20 M12 Cordless 3/8" Sub-Compact 35 ft-Lbs 250 RPM Ratchet w/ Variable Speed Trigger (Battery Not Included, Power Tool Only) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006CSRBTC/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_jKh6Ab43D53WC
That's exactly what I use. Has a light on it as well. Had my doors off, came home after dark and the light on the tool was enough to use on the door bolts too!

Great tool and easy to store in my tool bag with my compressor and a few other hand tools.

Texcal

First Name
Erik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Rubicon JLU
Do you think those ^ will be strong enough to also use small bungee if needing to hold something in while the top is off? I like the way they look and think they might server a second function for a cover or webbing of some sort as well.
I think so. The loops are to attach a cargo cover that GPCA is creating right now for the JL. I wouldn't put tons of pressure on them but i'm sure it's sturdy enough.

HiJinx69

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sahara Unlimited JL, 2014 Mazda 6, 2010 Honda Odyssey, Yamaha FZ-09
My recommendation is to use a cordless impact driver with the torx bit from the toolkit. Takes me 1-2 minutes to have all 8 screws out/back in with no manual labor involved. I can't think of a reason to go with a knobed screw unless you plan to take the top on/off away from home quite often and without planning (bringing the driver with you).
I use a cordless screwdriver to remove and install. Then torque it with the ratchet when putting it back in. I gave up the ratchet to remove after the first bolt.

Sponsored

Skippy

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1996 Ford Bronco 351W, 2021 Rubicon 4xe
I think so. The loops are to attach a cargo cover that GPCA is creating right now for the JL. I wouldn't put tons of pressure on them but i'm sure it's sturdy enough.
Thank you for the update. I like them.

ambrose

First Name
Ambrose
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Rubicon
Occupation
Software Engineer
I bought this drill to keep in my Wrangler: https://amzn.to/2KGbdCi It was $43 when I bought it.. surely could find something comparable. You don't need an impact or anything heavy duty.

I've used it to take everything off of the Jeep--hard top, doors, front license plate, windshield, etc. (And put back on.) All with the hardware from the Jeep kit. Super fast and easy.

Jammer

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bright white JL Rubicon
OK they show 6 of these what about the 2 up front ? you still need a tool to get those off right ? i dont see 2 for the front ?

Haro308

First Name
Haro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler unlimited JL Sahara
Does anyone know of any aftermarket soft top?
Sponsored