Sponsored

Quick Poll II - Why Are You Not Taking Your Top Off? Hardtop/Soft Top/Freedom Tops??

Why Are You Not Taking Off Your Top?

• I dont know how to take them off (no judgement)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
Haha, kidding right?

If not, than yes it is removable. Several bolts that can be stored in a designated spot in the rear storage compartment. The harness for the wiper motor and defroster and the squirter have quick disconnects. To protect and keep those disconnects from flopping in the breeze, Jeep included a dummy plug bracket in the back left corner.
Sponsored

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I'm part of the minority group of owners that chose a wrangler for reasons that don't include its doors and top off ability. And my windshield will never kiss the hood. Not even for hood open type of work. Once had a folded back hood get blown closed on me while leaning over a fender scraping head gasket residue. Gobs of fun, that was.

I do prefer windows open on most days. Only close them for rain and AC gets saved for when I'm clean on a day off and heading somewhere that I wanna stay clean and sweat free. I get too much sun as is during work, so the freedom panels only get popped for those nights drives to nowhere for the sake of getting out of the house and spending quality time with my baby.

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
The hardtop stays on for dogs, cargo security. Freedom Panels off frequently, wold love the One Touch Sky Top for the 2 door ! Until the price of the Bestop Sunrider comes down, I'll deal with the Freedom Panels

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
for me the main reason is security. i'm a mailman so i'm nowhere around the jeep to keep an eye on it. 2nd reason is after being out all day with the sun beating on me, the a/c is my friend in cooling off after work. the 3rd / 4th reason is time, storage of the hardtop. i know get a soft top, but security is a priority. taking the freedom panel off i could do, but again dont need the sun beating on me any longer then i need to. also weather is a factor, starts out over cast to sunny to down pour.
If you have soft top just leave your doors open with absolutely nothing in it. This way the meth-head thief won't feel the need to slice your top to get in.

Flyslinger2

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler Sahara
Quickly Becoming The King of Polls here (or more like bored at work esp when its so freaking early!!) …. Anyway like the title states Why aren't you taking off your top? Once again seeing so many Jeeps on my daily commute to work I always question the wave and the top off scenario - and I see ALOT of jeeps with everything closed up … :tumbleweed:

So far I live with the freedom tops off, and now since I did the DIY garage mod with ratchet straps I am taking my top off by myself more and more lately (before that the wife and I did it once and it was very awkward) …
Windows are almost always open and Freedom panels off most of the time. Can't handle the large top by myself and I don't have the garage space to have a one person system to remove it.

Sponsored

stil2low

First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep jk
It’s too cold out... :LOL::CWL::bandit:

Arterius2

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sahara 2.0L
The top only comes off when I'm driving a rental Jeep on vacation, like in Hawaii last week.

Because, Not My Jeep.

Drove through mud and pouring rain like I stole it, and handed them the keys and walked off like a boss.

3kiddos

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray '22 JLUR
I work from home M-W-F and have to travel into the office on Tues and Thurs. Top is only on for days that start with a T and days that storm. I don't like her sitting out in the lot uncovered.

Janne

First Name
Janet
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR Ocean Blue , ‘96 BMW 328i Convertible
The freedom panels are off each day from 7am til dark, unless it’s raining. If it gets too cold on my way home, I put on the heated seats. During the warmer months, the 4 windows were open with the panels off. I have roof racks on for my kayak, and no garage. Next year a storage shed will be built for easy on/off hard top and the soft top will come out of the box

MrEMan1287

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 JLU Sahara 2.0t
Need another poll option: Don't have a garage at all :(

My jeep is always parked in my driveway when at home and out in the open at work. If I had a garage, I would take the doors off regularly. Not sure about the roof, but sometimes probably.

With my situation though, I never take the roof off bc I have nowhere to store the roof. The doors I can store in my house, but I will only take them off when I know the weather will be clear for multiple days in a row.

My drive to work is 15 minutes. If all I'm doing is going to work or going home, I usually leave the freedom panels on bc I'm lazy and tired. If I'm making another stop that will extend my jeep time, panels come off. And windows are always down as often as possible.

Sponsored

DaltonGang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JLU Sport S, Rubicon Suspension, Tires, and Rims. Firecracker Red
Houston Texas, and the top stays on. The heat and humidity will eat you up. Plus, if you travel anywhere near downtown, you can expect your jeep to be burglarized, with the top off. I wish I lived in a nicer climate, without crime, and was able to park it in the garage. The top would be off, in a hearbeat.

MALL R8D

First Name
Michelle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Unlimited Rubicon
Need another poll option: Don't have a garage at all :(

My jeep is always parked in my driveway when at home and out in the open at work. If I had a garage, I would take the doors off regularly. Not sure about the roof, but sometimes probably.

With my situation though, I never take the roof off bc I have nowhere to store the roof. The doors I can store in my house, but I will only take them off when I know the weather will be clear for multiple days in a row.

My drive to work is 15 minutes. If all I'm doing is going to work or going home, I usually leave the freedom panels on bc I'm lazy and tired. If I'm making another stop that will extend my jeep time, panels come off. And windows are always down as often as possible.
I highly recommend the Sunrider for the hard top. Since it opens and closes in seconds, I use it so much more than I ever used the Freedom Panels. (Plus you don't need to waste cargo space with the freedom panels.) It is my favorite Jeep accessory

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
My option isn't on the poll, in my case I don't have room in the garage for my Jeep so I don't have anyplace to put it overnight while in the nude. And while a tarp/cover is an option, the on-off nature of Illinois weather isn't something I want to gamble with :rain:
Its alright, your Jeep looks great in its Mojito suit !

higbyz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sahara mojito 2.0 - 2020 Sahara Bikini 2.0
The weather is just too unpredictable in Ohio to risk having the top somewhere else when it starts raining. I also don't have an easy way to take it off or a space to keep it even if I did. I use my sunrider pretty much every time I go out (unless I need to look presentable when I arrive because Jeep hair).
"Jeep Hair "...... I think you just coined a new term
Sponsored