Sponsored

Quick Poll II - Why Are You Not Taking Your Top Off? Hardtop/Soft Top/Freedom Tops??

Why Are You Not Taking Off Your Top?

• I dont know how to take them off (no judgement)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sahara Unlimited, 2017 Toyota Highlander
Quickly Becoming The King of Polls here (or more like bored at work esp when its so freaking early!!) …. Anyway like the title states Why aren't you taking off your top? Once again seeing so many Jeeps on my daily commute to work I always question the wave and the top off scenario - and I see ALOT of jeeps with everything closed up … :tumbleweed:

So far I live with the freedom tops off, and now since I did the DIY garage mod with ratchet straps I am taking my top off by myself more and more lately (before that the wife and I did it once and it was very awkward) …
Sponsored

Last edited:

GreyFox

First Name
Brandy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 JKU, 19 JL
I love riding in Safari and Sunrider mode:like:

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i like having the doors and tops off but the roof rack i added for my RTT is a pain in the rear to get off so freedom panels come off every chance i get instead

BrntWS6

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS, 2002 WS6
I see soooo many jeeps locked up tight on such nice days, just shake my head. I get pissed when i have to put the top up.

Hell I just turned the AC on for the first time not long ago because it was warm and rainy.

Sponsored

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Top up because of weather. And as I get older I am more lazy. Need more than one day of nice weather to put the top down.
My wife is a realtor come to Charlotte had the tops off dam near the entire summer/month of September so far !!

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
It gives me great pain that I do not have a second person to help or a place to put the hard top, I feel like my jeep is always upset with me :( Its roll bars have never seen the daylight :sun:. I guess that's the life of condo living until I get a house :rock:.

OP
OP
MrSahara19

MrSahara19

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It gives me great pain that I do not have a second person to help or a place to put the hard top, I feel like my jeep is always upset with me :( Its roll bars have never seen the daylight :sun:. I guess that's the life of condo living until I get a house :rock:.
I feel for you, seriously $40 in parts from local homedepot/lowes and you can literally suspend your top with great ease! I was a skeptic for awhile but finally took the plunge and DIY and its so cool ….

FitBliss

First Name
Gabriel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Limited Rubicon
Vehicle Showcase
I feel for you, seriously $40 in parts from local homedepot/lowes and you can literally suspend your top with great ease! I was a skeptic for awhile but finally took the plunge and DIY and its so cool ….
Totally going to, but my building/condo underground garage will not allow my mount any type of hardware to the ceiling to hold the top. :(:(:(:(

Sponsored

See Through

First Name
Clover
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU Sahara
Occupation
Maintenance Manager
My option isn't on the poll, in my case I don't have room in the garage for my Jeep so I don't have anyplace to put it overnight while in the nude. And while a tarp/cover is an option, the on-off nature of Illinois weather isn't something I want to gamble with :rain:

Halstem1

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
someone echoed this above, but it rains or has a chance of rain every other day in Iowa. Just a pain to take on and off constantly when on weekdays I'm just driving to and from work. Needing that second person to help makes it that much more of a pain. Might do the DIY lift next year. Or might just buy a Besttop Trektop.

spurly

First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bright White JLUR
I just don't have the headspace in the garage. I have a 2 car garage but the second spot is where I have all table saw, work bench, and other tools set up. If I had a garage with a taller ceiling, it would come off all the time. And she ain't getting parked outside.

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
Quickly Becoming The King of Polls here (or more like bored at work esp when its so freaking early!!) …. Anyway like the title states Why aren't you taking off your top? Once again seeing so many Jeeps on my daily commute to work I always question the wave and the top off scenario - and I see ALOT of jeeps with everything closed up … :tumbleweed:

So far I live with the freedom tops off, and now since I did the DIY garage mod with ratchet straps I am taking my top off by myself more and more lately (before that the wife and I did it once and it was very awkward) …
Agreed I see so many jeeps with their hard top on, windows rolled up, and AC on. Burns me up every single time I see this. I mean just get a ford explorer....

Spearmin

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
This is precisely why I went for the soft top only
This is precisely why I went for the soft top only option. I don't want to have to depend on anyone when I want to drop my top.
Sponsored