Quick Disconnects for Stock Height

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
I'm hoping someone out there has a solution. I have a 2020 JLU Willys with .75 leveling kit up front.

I am currently running the Teraflex disconnects made for 0 to 4 inches of lift. They put my sway bar at such a severe angle that it is causing the passenger side to sag below driver. I'm having them removed today and going back to stock.

Does anyone know of quick disconnects that can be used for a stock height Jeep? Not everyone that off-roads wants a lift or bigger tires. I'm just looking for better articulation when I'm on the trails.
Sponsored

OP
OP
mmatthews

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys

GerJL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Can't vouch for this but take a look at

starting around 2:53 they mention what they did for a cheap quick disconnect. Not sure if it would work with stock sway bar links as it looks like they were using links supplied with their lift.

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
I'm hoping someone out there has a solution. I have a 2020 JLU Willys with .75 leveling kit up front.

I am currently running the Teraflex disconnects made for 0 to 4 inches of lift. They put my sway bar at such a severe angle that it is causing the passenger side to sag below driver. I'm having them removed today and going back to stock.

Does anyone know of quick disconnects that can be used for a stock height Jeep? Not everyone that off-roads wants a lift or bigger tires. I'm just looking for better articulation when I'm on the trails.
Have you noticed this affecting on road driving manners? There's another thread where a user went back and forth with Teraflex about the sway bar angle, and they indicated it is to their design spec and should be without issue (and verified/agreed by a few users who run these quick disconnects).

When you say passenger side sag, do you mean the whole body is sagging? Or just the sway bar on the passenger side is sagging lower?

Sponsored

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
starting around 2:53 they mention what they did for a cheap quick disconnect. Not sure if it would work with stock sway bar links as it looks like they were using links supplied with their lift.
The link looks like OEM style - possibly longer to account for the taller springs. That's a super simple solution, but how safe that would be in the long run? I'm not sure I would trust the R-clip alone when you're on the road going around curves.

Edit: My son pointed out, they're also WAY too long, the clip is no where close to the outside edge of the endlink.

Last edited:

crackrk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU 6-speed
I personally own the JKS’s. I have a JL sport-s running rubicon suspension. No issues outside of I greased them up too much and got grease all over my hands the first time I disconnected them. I love the adjustability to get the proper sway bar angle.

OP
OP
mmatthews

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
Have you noticed this affecting on road driving manners? There's another thread where a user went back and forth with Teraflex about the sway bar angle, and they indicated it is to their design spec and should be without issue (and verified/agreed by a few users who run these quick disconnects).

When you say passenger side sag, do you mean the whole body is sagging? Or just the sway bar on the passenger side is sagging lower?
It may be within their design spec, but they aren't the ones that are going to have to pay for repairs if they cause an issue. Easy for them to say that because they have no accountability if they aren't.

As for the sagging, it was the whole body. I removed the disconnects yesterday and went back to stock. The sag had been about an inch and a quarter. Once removed, the sag went to a quarter inch. Well within the tolerable Jeep lean tolerability.

OP
OP
mmatthews

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
The link looks like OEM style - possibly longer to account for the taller springs. That's a super simple solution, but how safe that would be in the long run? I'm not sure I would trust the R-clip alone when you're on the road going around curves.

Edit: My son pointed out, they're also WAY too long, the clip is no where close to the outside edge of the endlink.
Agreed. I don't love this solution.

Spdu4ia

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2dr Rubi
interested as well for a 0-2" solution. the length of the stock ones are fine i just wish someone made some kind of quick disconnect bolt situation...

Sponsored

Renhilio

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU Rubicon
It may be within their design spec, but they aren't the ones that are going to have to pay for repairs if they cause an issue. Easy for them to say that because they have no accountability if they aren't.

As for the sagging, it was the whole body. I removed the disconnects yesterday and went back to stock. The sag had been about an inch and a quarter. Once removed, the sag went to a quarter inch. Well within the tolerable Jeep lean tolerability.
but did they affect on road handling characteristics? Or were you just more concerned from the outset given the angle of the sway bar. No judgement in the question here, but looking for more clarity around whether or not the ride quality was impacted beyond the sag and liability concerns.

OP
OP
mmatthews

mmatthews

First Name
Merrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Willys
but did they affect on road handling characteristics? Or were you just more concerned from the outset given the angle of the sway bar. No judgement in the question here, but looking for more clarity around whether or not the ride quality was impacted beyond the sag and liability concerns.
Not much, but I could tell a difference for the better when I went back to stock.

cnapierala

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLR
Searching the forums and found this thread. Anything new to update on the JKS solution or anyone found anything else? Im looking to do this before the summer.

Knel6

First Name
Kody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Willys
Clubs

Searching the forums and found this thread. Anything new to update on the JKS solution or anyone found anything else? Im looking to do this before the summer.
I have been holding off hoping for a solution without having to cut (JKS) but I have only been able to find that solution without have longer than needed links or just disconnecting the stock links.