Sponsored

quick detailer vs. waterless wash

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
so, it looks as if the quick detailer can be sprayed between washes and makes the jeep look clean (and maybe provide a small micro layer of protection?). the waterless wash is something you spray on to clean the jeep. i’ve been using the quick detailer quite a bit on the mall crawler. should i be using the waterless wash instead? the jeep doesn’t get real dirty yet.
Sponsored

mandrew

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JL
I like using Optimum No Rinse. It works as a wash and quick detailer.

Hotrodnut

First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito JLU
I have been using Chadwick's Triple Play when the JL is not real dirty.

It works great IMO.

20181125_142759.jpg

OP
OP

nositting

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 JLUS
so the answer to my question is “no” then, correct?
(doesn’t really matter which you use - waterless wash or quick detailer)

Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
I am a huge fan of Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax all, as it can be used as a waterless wash (and wax) or a wax (as you dry or once dry). Otherwise I do a regular hand wash when very dirty then use Turtle Wax Ice or numerous other spray waxes.

TJ2018

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Punk'n JLUR; 2020 Silverado Trail Boss
Vehicle Showcase
I am a huge fan of Aero Cosmetics Wash and Wax all, as it can be used as a waterless wash (and wax) or a wax (as you dry or once dry). Otherwise I do a regular hand wash when very dirty then use Turtle Wax Ice or numerous other spray waxes.
Same here... use it on everything other than the Sunrider fabric. Body, tires, windows, floors, anything that needs cleaning.

IMG_0885.png

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
I leave the surface alone unless washing, the less you touch it, the fewer swirls you put in the paint. I detail cars and cringe at what people do, but then again I make a few bucks on the side correcting paint. If you have a dusty car and just wipe a detailer on it, you will get the micro mars in the finish.

You are better off washing it correctly and I use a leaf blower to blow dry, then use your favorite topper. If you want something really good and low cost, use some Turtle wax shine and seal as a maintenance topper/dry aid after you wash and blow dry. I never thought I would recommend a turtle wax product but it is 7$ a bottle, just spray on and wipe dry. water beads like crazy.

I dont touch the paint between washings but am finicky.
Sponsored