Sponsored

Quick! Dealer made mistake. what to do

Keith

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Jeep Wrangler JL Sport 2 dr, 2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium Convertible, 2018 Ford Fiesta SE, 2017 Tiffan Allegro 36LA, 2018 Honda CB500F
Occupation
Retired
You can number your tires on the sidewall facing the underside of the Jeep with a grease pencil or equivalent. If it comes back the same you know they lied. I'll be honest, I hate dealers. Cars, motorcycles, RVs you name it, they are all either crooks, incompetent or both. I had a BMW years ago that had a special handling package that included an unusual hard to find tire size. It went to the dealer for the dreaded service light (we called it the $500 light because when it came on you knew it was going to be at least that much) just after replacing all four tires. The dealer pinched a sidewall and blew out the right rear tire putting it on the lift. They had the nerve to call and ask for my road hazard coverage information. I went off on them and they eventually replaced it without using my road hazard. I had a new Honda Civic years ago with a terrible rattle. I went to the dealer several times and the complaint was never duplicated. Finally on the last visit a young guy in a dealership uniform came over to me and asked if he could ride in my car. He immediately heard the noise and it was fixed. Funny thing was he told me the tech assigned to ride with customers and had been with me in my car several times, was so hard of hearing he was effectively deaf. I had a Dodge pickup in the 80s that had a weird noise. I told them it sounded like one of the rubber mounts on the bed to frame was missing. After 6 months of fighting with them and Dodge and them lying over and over, they fixed it by adding the bed to frame rubber mount bushing that was missing. I could go on but now my blood pressure is too high. Here's a doozy. My son's brand new lifted Ram SLT 2500 4 door 4X4 long bed Cummins 6spd manual with full replacement Ranch Hand bumpers was in for it's 1st oil change. The tech thinking he had left it in neutral was standing beside it, he stuck his right leg in depressed the clutch and started the truck. When he got off the clutch it was in 2nd. It took off across the shop and collided with the frame straightening machine at the other end of the shop doing nearly $10k in damage to his new truck.
Sponsored

Jehovasfitness

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR and '04 Z06
I've been to the dealer 3x now for the free oil change/tire rotation, pretty sure they didn't rotate the tires the first 2 times, but i checked before the 3rd visit by taking off 1 valve cap to see if the tires were indeed rotated. They were. trust no one imo

Richkusa

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Rubicon
Occupation
Fixed Operations Director
Vehicle Showcase
Just took JLUR to dealer for first service. It is the dealer where I purchased my Jeep. Getting oil changed and tires rotated. Also looking at Uconnect because maps were saying I was 3 hours away from where I actually was.
First issue- service department did over fill my oil. When they gave my receipt to me, it said 6 qts. I asked if they put in 6 qts and they confirmed that. I then told them the manual says 5 qts so I asked him to explain why the manual says one thing but they do something else. He then looked at something on the computer, excused himself, and went to talk to someone. When he came back, he stated I was correct and it did call for 5 qts. At this point service manager come up and a tech goes and checks the dipstick. The oil level is about 3/8 inch past fill mark on the cable part of dipstick. The tech asks if I would like him to drain some of it and I state I do. Manager apologizes while tech drains some oil out.
At this point no big problem. I was aware of this potential mistake, caught it and they fixed it. Yes, they are supposed to be professionals, but we are all human. No need to get my blood pressure all worked up.
I get in vehicle and check Uconnect. First time connecting, it did put me in the desert, 3 hrs away! I immediately unplug iPhone, shutdown Waze and maps and reconnect. It appears that it is working. It shows me on the map right where I should be. I do this a couple more times even shutting off the Jeep and it works good every time.
Ok! Now leaving for home, which is 40 minutes away. I’m going thru the instrument cluster looking at oil pressure, which is fine and then look at tire pressure. On the service receipt, it stated that tires were rotated and set to 35psi. The tires are still not up to normal temperatures so I’m not too concerned but as I keep driving, the pressure is the same as it was before I had the car service! While driving to dealership, I looked at pressure and driver rear tire was 37 while other three were 42,42,41. Now that tire are normal operating temp, I have the same pressures in the same place!
Those aholes!! They didn’t touch my tires!
Now I’m mad. It’s not a safety issue or anything but what else is the dealer not going to do that they say they did??
I should have turned around and let them have it, but I’m trying to get home and traffic is heavy on the freeway now so I wait to call till I’m home.
Here’s the kicker now

I get home and am getting things out of my Jeep that I left in the Jeep while being serviced and notice a long scratch from middle of rear driver door over rear fender to almost the brake!
WHAT THE HELL!?!

I’ve called three times for the owner, who I saw there while I was there, with no call back yet.

Other than just chewing out his service department, what can I do and say to him to make this right?

Sorry for long post. Just want you guys to get the whole story.

TTS
You need to have the dealer pull the walk around document that you signed showing the scratch was or was not there. If they can’t produce it, the should fix it. If not speak with the general manager not the owner and not the service manager. Most times the GM wants you to buy a new vehicle from them next time your ready to purchase and with a scratch they would be willing to fix it for customer satisfaction.
Sponsored