Sponsored

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread....

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Hello everyone. First of all, I thought I saw a thread that was for questions that don’t deserve their own thread. I searched but couldn’t find it now, so I apologize for the questions below... :)

1. Do the halos stay on all the time? My lights are off and I set the daytime running lights to off.
F7F9DAC4-1E30-4B2A-8C14-E189F97A245E.jpeg

2. If there are two phones in the Jeep, one connected to Bluetooth and the other one connected to the USB port, is there a way to make the Bluetooth phone the default? If I have a friend in the Jeep and they are using the USB port to charge the phone, that phone is used to make calls or it picks up phone call to that phone. I would prefer my phone be the default as it’s the only one connected to Bluetooth.
3. Is there a way to turn off the park assist feature? There are times when I want to keep my door open and go in reverse at the same time.
4. Is there a certain break in time for the engine to reach premium gas efficiency? I have over 3K miles, use premium gas and I’m averaging about 16 mpg. I’m used to that from my JKU but just curious since I see so many posts about people getting great mileage.
5. Has anyone else experience “rough” start up when the ESS restarts from a stop? I think I would get used to the feature if it wasn’t for that. It’s not a smooth restart.
sorry for all the questions.
Hi Jennifer:

As it concerns your 2nd question:

Here's how I made sure my copilot's phone was only a charging port for them:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGM6LJB/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
Mine gets plugged in to the console port and carplay connects fine. That's the only port I connect to.
I bought mine used so someone before me obviously figured out how to disable it.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Bump ...

anyone had experiences with 1, 4, and 5?

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
sorry, like a few others mentioned, I was wrong. I tested other USB ports and they all connected to car play.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler
Bump ...

anyone had experiences with 1, 4, and 5?
4) My best gas mileage was coming home from the dealer on otherwise dangerously inflated tires. When I reduced the PSI to acceptable levels the gas mileage went down. So much for breaking in the engine (which I did nonetheless) for optimal mileage (on a 3.6L JL)

5) When ESS engages I have never had a problem. There are so many ways to disengage it if your interested that if it gives you problems you can bypass it. If you're looking forward to saving money on gas, not only will that amount be minimal, but I'm glad to report I've never had anything but smooth starts when ending an ESS event.

FCA was very smart as to not engage it in all sorts of conditions that might prevent a smooth start. Many criterion have to be met. The engine has to be warmed, you cannot be in a manual gear in an automatic JL, or on a hill, or using too much accessory power like blasting the A/C (or else the ESS event will likely prematurely end before you take your foot off the brake if it engages at all), or the wheel is turned (power steering I'm told runs off the main battery on a 3.6L even during an ESS event) or the voltage is low.

Sponsored

sf5211

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
New 2019 JL
Occupation
Plumber
Vehicle Showcase
I always have my phone in Carplay but have a cube and IPhone wire for the 115v outlet when my wife wants to charge her phone. This way I don’t have to go through menus to figure out which phone is “hooked up”.

I leave my lights on “auto” and never touch them so I can’t help there.

Park assist can be turned off in the safety menu or as stated on the dash.

Not sure on the gas mileage but that engine is still fairly new.

I personally never use ESS but the few times I’ve forgot to disengage my Jeep starts right up and runs normal. For this I’d visit the dealership.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo

Equitasforall

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Rubicon 4xe
Occupation
I could tell you, but then....

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What is behind the small round grill to the right of the steering column down low just in front of your knee? My guess is inside temperature sensor. Anyone know?
You are correct, sir. I was curious about a similar “vent” on my Volvo several years ago and learned it was the sensor for the automatic temperature control.

Jeep Wrangler JL Questions that don’t deserve their own thread.... 1618920238717

MrGneissGuy

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler JL Unlimited Sport
What is the strength of the factory tie down rings (not the trail rail system)? I'm trying to decide if there is a scenario where a ratchet strap is needed to secure cargo when the top is down (been using bungees so far with no issues) and if so, what strength of strap makes sense? I wouldn't want one that can handle a lot more than the rings can; that would be overkill at that point.

At some point I may get a hitch cargo rack, where I would want a strap or two. But would I ever need one for stuff in the cargo area?
Sponsored