Sponsored

Questions that don’t deserve their own thread....

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Punk'n Rubicon JLU 2.0 Turbo
Hello everyone. First of all, I thought I saw a thread that was for questions that don’t deserve their own thread. I searched but couldn’t find it now, so I made another one. :)

1. Do the halos stay on all the time? My lights are off and I set the daytime running lights to off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions that don’t deserve their own thread.... F7F9DAC4-1E30-4B2A-8C14-E189F97A245E

2. If there are two phones in the Jeep, one connected to Bluetooth and the other one connected to the USB port, is there a way to make the Bluetooth phone the default? If I have a friend in the Jeep and they are using the USB port to charge the phone, that phone is used to make calls or it picks up phone call to that phone. I would prefer my phone be the default as it’s the only one connected to Bluetooth.
3. Is there a way to turn off the park assist feature? There are times when I want to keep my door open and go in reverse at the same time.
4. Is there a certain break in time for the engine to reach premium gas efficiency? I have over 3K miles, use premium gas and I’m averaging about 16 mpg. I’m used to that from my JKU but just curious since I see so many posts about people getting great mileage.
5. Has anyone else experience “rough” start up when the ESS restarts from a stop? I think I would get used to the feature if it wasn’t for that. It’s not a smooth restart.
sorry for all the questions.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Computer nerd / Retired US Air Force
Hello everyone. First of all, I thought I saw a thread that was for questions that don’t deserve their own thread. I searched but couldn’t find it now, so I apologize for the questions below... :)

2. If there are two phones in the Jeep, one connected to Bluetooth and the other one connected to the USB port, is there a way to make the Bluetooth phone the default? If I have a friend in the Jeep and they are using the USB port to charge the phone, that phone is used to make calls or it picks up phone call to that phone. I would prefer my phone be the default as it’s the only one connected to Bluetooth.
From the Uconnect supplemental manual:

Pair Additional Mobile Phones 1. Press the Phone Settings button on the touchscreen from the Phone main screen. 2. Press the Add Device button on the touchscreen. 3. Search for available devices on your Bluetooth® enabled mobile phone. When prompted on the phone, enter the name and PIN shown on the Uconnect screen. 4. Uconnect Phone will display an in process screen while the system is connecting. 5. When the pairing process has successfully completed, the system will prompt you to choose whether or not this is your favorite phone. Selecting “Yes” will make this phone the highest priority. This phone will take precedence over other paired phones within range. NOTE: For phones which are not made a favorite, the phone priority is determined by the order in which it was paired. The latest phone paired will have the higher priority. You can also use the following VR commands to bring up the Paired Phone screen from any screen on the radio: • “Show Paired Phones” or • “Connect My Phone”

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From the Uconnect supplemental manual:

Pair Additional Mobile Phones 1. Press the Phone Settings button on the touchscreen from the Phone main screen. 2. Press the Add Device button on the touchscreen. 3. Search for available devices on your Bluetooth® enabled mobile phone. When prompted on the phone, enter the name and PIN shown on the Uconnect screen. 4. Uconnect Phone will display an in process screen while the system is connecting. 5. When the pairing process has successfully completed, the system will prompt you to choose whether or not this is your favorite phone. Selecting “Yes” will make this phone the highest priority. This phone will take precedence over other paired phones within range. NOTE: For phones which are not made a favorite, the phone priority is determined by the order in which it was paired. The latest phone paired will have the higher priority. You can also use the following VR commands to bring up the Paired Phone screen from any screen on the radio: • “Show Paired Phones” or • “Connect My Phone”
Thanks! I know how to make a phone the default from a list of paired phones so maybe I didn’t phrase my question the best way. If there is a phone that is not paired, it’s just plugged in to the USB for charging purposes, but yet that is the phone that the speakers use when it receives a phone call or makes a call. So does the CarPlay feature override the default Bluetooth phone?

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
Thanks! I know how to make a phone the default from a list of paired phones so maybe I didn’t phrase my question the best way. If there is a phone that is not paired, it’s just plugged in to the USB for charging purposes, but yet that is the phone that the speakers use when it receives a phone call or makes a call. So does the CarPlay feature override the default Bluetooth phone?
If it's not paired with CarPlay would it use the Jeep's speakers? I've not really had two phones "connected" to my Jeep. So I'm going to assume if the other isn't paired it wouldn't go through the speakers.

Sponsored

timn1984

First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 2018 JL Sahara,Dodge Journey 2012, Toyota Camry 2015
Occupation
Yes
Vehicle Showcase
Hello everyone. First of all, I thought I saw a thread that was for questions that don’t deserve their own thread. I searched but couldn’t find it now, so I apologize for the questions below...

1. Do the halos stay on all the time? My lights are off and I set the daytime running lights to off.
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions that don’t deserve their own thread.... F7F9DAC4-1E30-4B2A-8C14-E189F97A245E

3. Is there a way to turn off the park assist feature? There are times when I want to keep my door open and go in reverse at the same time.
4. Is there a certain break in time for the engine to reach premium gas efficiency? I have over 3K miles, use premium gas and I’m averaging about 16 mpg. I’m used to that from my JKU but just curious since I see so many posts about people getting great mileage.
5. Has anyone else experience “rough” start up when the ESS restarts from a stop? I think I would get used to the feature if it wasn’t for that. It’s not a smooth restart.
Is your jeep on its side or is it my imagination???;)
1. First of all I believe the halos are supposed to be off. Is that the sun reflecting on them or are they really on (do they LOOK like they are on but are really off?)?
2. I think the Car Play overrides the Bluetooth when plugged in, but you can override that by pressing the Bluetooth button again.

3. Not sure about the park assist......

4. I have noticed (mine is around 16000 miles) that I get about 20-22 on the road and around 17-18 in the city. Remember to reset your gas mileage button every time you go on a trip and that will more accurately measure your mileage. If you never reset your gas mileage button, you will get an average over a LONG period of time, which may be 16-17 mpg in some areas.
Yes I have noticed after around 5000 miles gas mileage gets a little better, not that is not a scientific assessment, just a thing that I noticed on my Jeep.

5. I have not experienced any rough restart so I don't know what that feels like. I am sure it is not normal, so take it back to dealer and ask them to look it over.

stylett9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
I'm going to throw out, I think car play has to connect to USB via the front console area. If your friend plugs into the USB in the center arm rest, they should be able to charge without being connected to the vehicle.

I dont know this for fact, but it's fairly common for a lot of vehicles.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Is your jeep on its side or is it my imagination???;)
1. First of all I believe the halos are supposed to be off. Is that the sun reflecting on them or are they really on (do they LOOK like they are on but are really off?)?
2. I think the Car Play overrides the Bluetooth when plugged in, but you can override that by pressing the Bluetooth button again.
Thanks for the input! They are on! I’ve looked numerous times.

yeah that works for music, but whenever a call comes it, it comes to the CarPlay phone.

OP
OP
AUjeepgirl23

AUjeepgirl23

First Name
Jennifer
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm going to throw out, I think car play has to connect to USB via the front console area. If your friend plugs into the USB in the center arm rest, they should be able to charge without being connected to the vehicle.

I dont know this for fact, but it's fairly common for a lot of vehicles.
Okay I’ll try that. :)

Maverick909

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sporticon, 1976 GMC K15 Lifted on 35's
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Electrician/ Industrial Furnace MFG
Clubs

i just use a bullet charger of anyone else in the jeep and only plug in my phone to the car play

Sponsored

Tellurian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Okay I’ll try that. :)
Any USB or Type C port in the Jeep with the standard USB symbol on it is referred to as a media port and can activate CarPlay automatically. In order to facilitate your phone as the main phone connected through Bluetooth and have someone play music without activating CarPlay when they plug in, you'll need to do the following:

1. Have them plug in their phone (yes, CarPlay will automatically pop up).
2. Go to your UConnect Apps page and select 'Projection Manager'
3. Select their phone (hopefully it's named something other than iPhone)
4. Uncheck Apple CarPlay
5. Unplug their iPhone from the USB
6. Go to the UConnect Media App and select 'Source'
7. Plug in their iPhone and select whichever iPod number their phone pops up as

After doing this, your phone will connect to all calls via Bluetooth and their phone will be the DJ. Not only that, but now anytime they plug into your Jeep, they won't activate CarPlay.

Jeepney Johnny

First Name
Rico!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
Vehicle Showcase
1. Do the halos stay on all the time?
1. Yes.
2. There's a button to the right of the hazard lights button labeled "P off".
5. I turned off ESS (purportedly better for engine longevity), but I do notice a rough idle sometimes. My engine has <2000 miles on it, and it's mated to the 6-speed manual.

txj2go

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CTS-V, 2018 JLU Sport Firecracker Red
I plug my iphone into the port in the console and the Jeep never sees it, I don't know what they did but someone must have already set it up that way.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
I plug my iphone into the port in the console and the Jeep never sees it, I don't know what they did but someone must have already set it up that way.
Mine gets plugged in to the console port and carplay connects fine. That's the only port I connect to.

Ohio Hiker

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUS Billet Silver
Occupation
I think I kind of steered almost everyone down the carplay discussion. In reference to #1 I don't have LEDs, wish I did. #3 I don't have park assist. #4 I just have over 3300 miles and I've been averaging 22 - 25 mpg with my 2.0 liter and regular gasoline. I drive mostly highway miles to work probably a good 85% of my driving. #5 my ESS restarts have been fine. Smooth as our F150s ESS system.
Sponsored