Sponsored

questions on driving towing with a manual?

sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turningsbymark.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU Firecracker Red & 2017 Renagade Trail Hawk & 41 IH Rat Rod
Wheel base is probably an issue, but be sure you have the tongue weight loaded correctly. If you have less than 10% of your load on your tongue, you will start to induce sway.
Agreed!
-------------------------------
With 2 TJ's and two JK 2 doors, 2 Cherokees and a Grand Cherokee, over the years, I've towed a trailer with my Harley on it all over the USA. Usually start from NY or Florida. I have never ever had issues such as wagging/swaying.

If trailer tongue weight is proper (9-15% of your load), if you have the proper drop in regard to the receiver .... If trailer is loaded 60/40 as it should be, if the trailer is not overloaded.....then there should absolutely be no wagging/swaying. No tongue dragging will occur with a set up like this either.

uuu.png
The trailer is loaded right, its the short wheel base of the tow vehicle. My camper is pushing 2000# or better loaded, which is max for a 2 door, a little heavier then your Harley.

Mark
Sponsored

sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turningsbymark.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler Sport JLU Firecracker Red & 2017 Renagade Trail Hawk & 41 IH Rat Rod
Sawburner, not to Hijack, how do you like your Renegade "Trailhawk "?
Thanks
Its my wife's, I do drive it,I like it better then the compass she had before. It's a automatic she cant drive a stick. Rides nice fairly comfortable too longest drive we have done is about an hour so far. Fun to drive has less room then the compass behind the back seats witch we miss. Anything specific you want to know? Mark

four low

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL
Thanks for replying. I see it is one of the only in its class with a manual transmission, 4x4. I tried the 1.4L, liked It, and the mpg of 24/32 rating. Great discounts now too, plus MySky power roof
Don't have to leave the Jeep Family

Roket

First Name
Roket
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Wrangler Oscar Mike
The trailer is loaded right, its the short wheel base of the tow vehicle. My camper is pushing 2000# or better loaded, which is max for a 2 door, a little heavier then your Harley.

Mark
I have towed many things .. from show cars to Harley's but always with trucks. I have upgraded from a 17 Oscar Mike and order a new 18 Rubicon. My 7th Jeep counting both I had in Vietnam and always 2 dr. So wondering if my new Rubi will be powerful enough to pull a 2500 pd small rv trailer for me and my service dog to trailer ... I always have used a sway bar and know i will need one with the short wheel base .. Any comments
Roket

fullsizeoutput_53a.jpeg

Sponsored

OP
OP
wanderer

wanderer

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 jlu rubicon. Surfboard. Bare feet, moose drawn air sled, Interstellar time warp space transport fighter
Occupation
Engineering Geologist
Should be is it a 2 dr or a 4 dr? i tow a3500 with my 08 rubicon with 173000 on it and 315 70 no gearing changes does fine just slow going up hills.

sawburner

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turningsbymark.com
Vehicle(s)
It is a challenge to tow with a Wrangler especially the two door. I tow our camper with a two door and its all it can handle the trailer has to be loaded just right. It takes a while to get up to speed and then I cant go over 60 on an interstate even with a sway bar it still wants to sway. That's one reason I am getting a four door this time. You do know the tow rating for a two door is 2000 lbs. Mark
Sponsored