questions from a first time Jeep owner.

Nonskid

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
I'm not sure if these questions pertain to a JLU as much as my 2 door but any answers would be helpful. I own a 2021 Rubicon with a hard top.

1. What are you guys doing to prevent the rear seatbelts from flapping against the roll bar when the roof is off? (So far I have strapped them to the roll bar with a piece of velcro).

2. How long did it take you to break off your first guide pin from the bottom of the hard top? (My second or third time removing the top I snapped one off. Two people removing the top btw).

Thanks for the feedback.
Sponsored

redsyphon

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Rubicon
Occupation
IT Project Manager
Vehicle Showcase
I'm not sure if these questions pertain to a JLU as much as my 2 door but any answers would be helpful. I own a 2021 Rubicon with a hard top.

1. What are you guys doing to prevent the rear seatbelts from flapping against the roll bar when the roof is off? (So far I have strapped them to the roll bar with a piece of velcro).

2. How long did it take you to break off your first guide pin from the bottom of the hard top? (My second or third time removing the top I snapped one off. Two people removing the top btw).

Thanks for the feedback.
Jeeps have a knob on the front dash that you can use to turn down the volume of any clunks, squeaks and/or flapping noises :giggle:

You may notice that the radio volume is inversely proportional to the volume of the various noises described though. ;)

On a serious note, you might be able take a retaining bracket and mount it on the bars, or just buckle the seat belts. I've never noticed this as an issue personally, but I've also had the rear seats and seat belts removed for over a year now.

No solution for the guiding pins that I know of other than taking things slow when removing/installing the roof. I personally put down a small masking tape buffer where I know things will slide/touch when lining things up. This is more for the paint though.

Gee-pah

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL Wrangler

Thanks for the feedback.
1) Buckle the belts of the unoccupied seats?
2) Consider purchase of a Freedom Jack or Top Lift Pro?

JeffCj7Jl

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
83 CJ7, 2015 4Runner, 2021 JLR
I took the Velcro straps that came with my sunrider for hard top and used them to secure the rear seatbelts. Buckling them didnā€™t help, but wrapping a Velcro around the belts to the roll bar did the trick.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Nonskid

Nonskid

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
Thank you everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated.

melendez69

First Name
Marc
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 3.6 JLR / 2013 911 / 2013 E92 M3
Occupation
...huh?
Vehicle Showcase

Thanks for the feedback.
I've never busted a guide pin, but I use a bungee cord to secure the seat belt to the bar. Holds it tight.

Charmagne

First Name
Charmagne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
80th AE JL
@Nonskid I don't know if you are still looking for solutions but the flapping noise drove me nuts too. I went to Kragen/O'Reilly's and got four of these Body Glove neoprene seatbelt pads - They fasten shut with velcro and I wrapped them around both sides of the strap. Voila! No flapping sound.

Jeep Wrangler JL questions from a first time Jeep owner. IMG_5200

Last edited:
OP
OP
Nonskid

Nonskid

First Name
Colin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Rubicon
@Nonskid I don't know if you are still looking for solutions but the flapping noise drove me nuts too. I went to Kragen/O'Reilly's and got four of these Body Glove neoprene seatbelt pads - They fasten shut with velcro and I wrapped them around both sides of the strap. Voila! No flapping sound.

Jeep Wrangler JL questions from a first time Jeep owner. IMG_5200
Thank you. Yes I haven't thought about it much since the summer because the roof hasn't been off but that looks like a good idea.
Sponsored