Sponsored

Questions for those who purchased from Gupton who live outside TN

Kim2021Rubi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKUR, 2018 JKUR, 2021 JLUR ON ORDER
They did on my girlfriend's (didn't think about it). It's an oval about 2x3". I requested they not put it on mine when it comes in and he said ok. We'll see...
Thanks… I will ask them not to put one on mine. I’m not a fan of the dealer stickers.
Sponsored

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
Just got home after picking up my jeep at Gupton. Everything went just as smoothly as everyone has been saying. Daniel sent me everything needed to register the vehicle before flying down (and my insurance company did the rest). I was in and out of there in 30 min—could not have been any easier. Super impressed.
Steve, great to hear!

I should be heading down from MA in a week or two to pick up from Gupton. Did you drive back on the TN Temp Plate?

Steve123

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non yet
Steve, great to hear!

I should be heading down from MA in a week or two to pick up from Gupton. Did you drive back on the TN Temp Plate?
No, I got the Mass plates first. Here were the steps: (1) First, Daniel sent the purchase and sale agreement (needed that to get the ball rolling with the insurance company); (2) I then sent him my payment via fedex; (3) I then signed the dealership docs electronically; (4) then Daniel fedexed the bill of sale and the certificate of origin; (5) took those two docs, plus the docs that the insurance company emailed me to the rmv; (6) I then booked a flight down, and my jeep was parked outside Gupton, ready to go when I arrived. They put the mass plates on, and I was off.

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
My local agent told me that I had to have MA plates to drive it back and Geico told me that driving on the temp plate was fine. Nothing is easy.

Steve123

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non yet
My local agent told me that I had to have MA plates to drive it back and Geico told me that driving on the temp plate was fine. Nothing is easy.
Yeah, there seems to be a lot of confusion about this lol

Sponsored

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
Anyone going to be at Gupton in the next two days? My Jeep is scheduled to arrive there between 8/25 - 9/1. It's a Firecracker Red 4xe.

Post a picture if you see her!

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Since most of us will be putting on hundreds of highway miles right away, how do you take break-in into consideration?

The manual says:

"Drive moderately during the first 300 miles. After the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50 or 55 mph are desirable."

Does this mean don't drive faster than 55 mph when vehicle is less than 300 miles? Or am I reading way too much into this?

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Since most of us will be putting on hundreds of highway miles right away, how do you take break-in into consideration?

The manual says:

"Drive moderately during the first 300 miles. After the initial 60 miles, speeds up to 50 or 55 mph are desirable."

Does this mean don't drive faster than 55 mph when vehicle is less than 300 miles? Or am I reading way too much into this?
When we picked up my girlfriend's 2.0, we took smaller back roads for the first 300 miles to keep the speeds down. It was a nice way to see some cool scenery and keep within the limits.

Jgro151

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 JKU Sahara
No, I got the Mass plates first. Here were the steps: (1) First, Daniel sent the purchase and sale agreement (needed that to get the ball rolling with the insurance company); (2) I then sent him my payment via fedex; (3) I then signed the dealership docs electronically; (4) then Daniel fedexed the bill of sale and the certificate of origin; (5) took those two docs, plus the docs that the insurance company emailed me to the rmv; (6) I then booked a flight down, and my jeep was parked outside Gupton, ready to go when I arrived. They put the mass plates on, and I was off.
This is enormously helpful!! Thank you for the step by steps.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
When we picked up my girlfriend's 2.0, we took smaller back roads for the first 300 miles to keep the speeds down. It was a nice way to see some cool scenery and keep within the limits.
That's a good idea. Gonna map out some back roads soon. Thank you!

Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
That's a good idea. Gonna map out some back roads soon. Thank you!
I started out with Google maps and checked the "avoid highways" box and then looked around for alternates that looked interesting.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Does anyone have feedback regarding quality of Gupton's dealer prep work? Did you find anything amiss that should have obviously been taken care of by the dealer?

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

1. Dealer logo = I had previously asked Daniel to not put anything on, but I had the little 2x3 oval on the rear. Saw it when I first got there, asked politely to have it removed, it was gone by the time I finished paperwork.

2. Break-in = I set Android Auto to avoid tolls, ferries, and highways and then we rode. Kept it to backroads for the first ~300 miles (which was *painful*, tbh) and didn't use cruise until ~600 miles.

3. Dealer prep = I did a pretty thorough (IMO) inspection. Only 2-3 fuses weren't fully seated, but everything else was perfect. Jeep was spotless, etc.

Cjanak21

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Cyber Security Consultant
Has anyone traded in their Jeep at Gupton? How did that process go / value you got for your trade?
Sponsored