First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
I ordered a 4xe from Gupton on 7/2/21 and want to get all ducks in a row before I hear from Daniel, so just a few questions...
  • How long before delivery did Daniel contact you to begin the paperwork/credit check process?
  • Massachusetts insurance companies don’t recognize the TN temporary plate, so I was told that I need to have my MA plates at time of delivery so I can drive it home fully insured. How was the RMV plate process for you? Was it all done vis FedEx?
  • Any good recommendations for lunch nearby?
Sponsored

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
Girlfriend and I ordered 2 Wranglers from them. Hers came in - mine still hasn't been built.

I contacted Daniel a week before we went out to pick hers up. Contacted him again a few days before we left to get him to start the finance paperwork - he's been busy and may have forgotten about us. Wouldn't worry about finance/credit check until about a week before you go.

No info on plate stuff since we're able to use the temp tags they gave us.

Zaxby's is across the street and down a little - good chicken menu.

The whole process at the dealership took about 3 hours, but most of that was waiting around - they were busy. Actual time dealing with people was about 40 minutes.

Last edited:

rcadden

First Name
Ricky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Hydro Blue Sahara Altitude
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Marketing
Clubs

Picked up this past weekend. Once he confirmed that my Jeep had physically arrived at the dealership, he sent me a link to do the financing stuff. I also did one through my own bank at the same time, just to have another option in my pocket, but his rate was way better.

I'm in Texas, so not sure how the plate thing will work for you. I have TN paper plates, and should receive a package in ~2 weeks to take to the TX DMV to get my metal plates. I have 30 days after purchase, so will end up with a 2 week window once I receive the package from Gupton.

We didn't eat around there, but it's a pretty small little town - his dealership is tiny, as well, tbh. There's a range of fast food nearby, but we preferred to get on the road as quickly as possible to spread the trip out a little more.

The total process from arriving at the dealership to driving off the lot was ~an hour, and that included ~20 minutes of standing there talking to another forum member picking his Jeep up at the same time. It's incredibly smooth and streamlined overall.

rent

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
How long does it take after placing order / putting down the $1000 deposit for Daniel to give you the order number (VON)? My understanding is that you need the VON to track it with Jeep Chat?

Thanks!

jeeeeeeep

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon
How long does it take after placing order / putting down the $1000 deposit for Daniel to give you the order number (VON)? My understanding is that you need the VON to track it with Jeep Chat?

Thanks!
He sent me my VON within an hour or so.

Sponsored

BigLew

First Name
Lew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Chevrolet Bolt Premier, 2021 JLU Sahara
Occupation
Retired-Banking-Insurance-Coal Miner-Maintenance...a bit of everything! :)
I ordered a 4xe from Gupton on 7/2/21 and want to get all ducks in a row before I hear from Daniel, so just a few questions...
  • How long before delivery did Daniel contact you to begin the paperwork/credit check process?
  • Massachusetts insurance companies don’t recognize the TN temporary plate, so I was told that I need to have my MA plates at time of delivery so I can drive it home fully insured. How was the RMV plate process for you? Was it all done vis FedEx?
My wife and I ate here:
https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaur...Italian_Restaurant-Springfield_Tennessee.html
The owner is Greek, but does a good job with Italian. When traveling we always look for the restaurants that are packed with people.....that's a good sign!:) I did the paperwork a few days before picking her up. You'll love the Southern hospitality of this team. As for the plate, we took the $7.50 transit plate and will await the paperwork (10-14 days) to arrive here in Florida by mail and then off to the DMV to take care of paperwork. Hope this helps.

Thunderjet

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 F350
Are you serious? Mass doesnt recognize any temp plate from the other 49 states?

Young04

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Earl 392
I believe that is correct. I knew someone (from MA) who bought a car out of state and I remember him telling me it was a huge hassle. I'm going back a few years, but my memory is that he ended up having it shipped to MA because of the temp tag issue.

He also ran into a whole bunch of issues paying the tax on the purchase.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
Don't you have to have insurance to even register it? I'm pretty sure I could insure anyone's car if I wanted to, I bound my last two new ones on the phone with USAA in 5 mins on the phone and had the proof of insurance 30 seconds later.

If you don't need insurance to register, could you just register it in Mass before you get on the plane to TN?

If you like country music, and can spare a day, I'd highly recommend staying the night in downtown Nashville and hitting up some honky tonks. My wife and I love the bar/music scene there.

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
I had another forum member tell me that. I'm calling my auto insurance agent early next week to get all the details.
So, although, Gupton may allow me to drive off the lot with a temp plate, I won't if I'm not fully insured.

Sponsored

ElHobbz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 4wd Tacoma OR
Don't you have to have insurance to even register it? I'm pretty sure I could insure anyone's car if I wanted to, I bound my last two new ones on the phone with USAA in 5 mins on the phone and had the proof of insurance 30 seconds later.

If you don't need insurance to register, could you just register it in Mass before you get on the plane to TN?

If you like country music, and can spare a day, I'd highly recommend staying the night in downtown Nashville and hitting up some honky tonks. My wife and I love the bar/music scene there.
USSA has a huge military customer base, which means insuring vehicles in states they are not registered in. Made it easy to keep my vehicles registered in whichever state had the cheapest registration fee of the places I was stationed at.

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC

In order to get MA plates/registration, the RMV needs a completed registration form-with an insurance stamp (proves that you have insurance) and a check for the sales tax and registry fees.

All new car dealerships in MA will take care of this for you and get the plates, but I don't think Gupton will send a runner to MA.

GATORB8

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 JLURe
In order to get MA plates/registration, the RMV needs a completed registration form-with an insurance stamp (proves that you have insurance) and a check for the sales tax and registry fees.

All new car dealerships in MA will take care of this for you and get the plates, but I don't think Gupton will send a runner to MA.
So you could either get them to fax you the reg docs and go to the DMV yourself and cut a check?

OP
OP
MJKid88

MJKid88

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR 4xe
Occupation
HVAC
So you could either get them to fax you the reg docs and go to the DMV yourself and cut a check?
Yeah, that's probably the best option.

Steve123

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Non yet
Yeah, that's probably the best option.
Thanks for posting this thread. I am in the same boat. Buying from Gupton and from Mass. Using the temp plates sounds way too risky—as you’d be driving an unregistered car. Looks like the best way to accomplish things is to complete the purchase via fedex, go to the registry yourself get the plates, then fly down and get the jeep. What a pain. Not ideal, but hopefully that can work. I’m a bit concerned about facilitating all this via email with a busy dealership.
Sponsored