Sponsored

Questions about ordering from Virginia dealers....

JayJay

First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 JLR
Had heard between the state doc fee of $899 and a separate freight charge outside of MSRP the discount doesn't always end up as good as it sounds.
Hi Tom, it's my understanding that Koons deducts the freight charge from the vehicle price, calculates the discount and then adds the freight charge back in. So, you don't get a discounted freight charge but you aren't being charged freight twice either.
Sponsored

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Now I follow it. Curious what others have been getting lately with regards to the type of discount.

Hi Tom, it's my understanding that Koons deducts the freight charge from the vehicle price, calculates the discount and then adds the freight charge back in. So, you don't get a discounted freight charge but you aren't being charged freight twice either.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
With my quote from Koons at the end of 2018, the freight was also included in the discounted price.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
So looking to order a 2 dr 80th anniversary trim or Rubicon.

Would appreciate feedback if Crisswell or Koons of Tysons is the best route to go and what type of discount to expect.

Had heard between the state doc fee of $899 and a separate freight charge outside of MSRP the discount doesn't always end up as good as it sounds.
You definitely need to get total quotes to see what the actual percentage off invoice you get. Doc fee, how they handle freight charges, or any other miscellaneous fees should be included.

When I purchased from Koons back at the end of 2018, the 6.51% off invoice was actually closer to 5.5% once I took fees into consideration. Since it was all up front, I could tell the actual discount. The freight charge for my quote was included in the discount calculation. I did everything via email until I actually went in and picked up the Jeep.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Good to know I'm curious if over time the discounts have increased at Koons or what typically you would expect in the next couple of months.

You definitely need to get total quotes to see what the actual percentage off invoice you get. Doc fee, how they handle freight charges, or any other miscellaneous fees should be included.

When I purchased from Koons back at the end of 2018, the 6.51% off invoice was actually closer to 5.5% once I took fees into consideration. Since it was all up front, I could tell the actual discount. The freight charge for my quote was included in the discount calculation. I did everything via email until I actually went in and picked up the Jeep.

Sponsored

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
I spoke with Craig at Koons earlier this week and really got rubbed the wrong way. 5% discount only available on factory orders; $1,000 non-refundable deposit (I didn't think that was even legal) to get on the waitlist to even place an order. This was for a Rubicon 4xe. I was...not pleased given the gushing praise for this individual on the forum here.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
I spoke with Craig at Koons earlier this week and really got rubbed the wrong way. 5% discount only available on factory orders; $1,000 non-refundable deposit (I didn't think that was even legal) to get on the waitlist to even place an order. This was for a Rubicon 4xe. I was...not pleased given the gushing praise for this individual on the forum here.
I think your expectations were a little high. As long as he gets you a quote with all fees and total costs up front, what's the issue? If you don't like the deal, you're not obligated or out of a deposit until you place an order. It also allows you to compare deals and at least have some leverage elsewhere.

There wasn't a waitlist when I ordered at the end of 2018. How long was the wait?

phobos512

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I aspire to a 4xe
There wasn't a waitlist when I ordered at the end of 2018. How long was the wait?
He did not state how long the waitlist he's got is. I didn't state anything about my expectations so it's a bit of a farce for you to judge them as unrealistic.

cram501

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUS Mojito! Moab
He did not state how long the waitlist he's got is. I didn't state anything about my expectations so it's a bit of a farce for you to judge them as unrealistic.
Ok. I got the impression that he didn't meet your expectations because of "the gushing praise he received". With your attitude, I assume he wasn't the issue.

Sorry for trying to help.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
It is kind of a joke when they say that a non-refundable deposit has by law they're not able to keep it and at any point you're able to request it and they're required to refund it back to you.

Jeepster21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Rubicon
Imagine they are only producing a limited number of the 4xe as it is not the most popular model so probably hard for them to determine when the next order would open up.

Sponsored