vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sting Gray JT Overland, Cherokee, Sonata, Altima
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
I checked the stickies and didn't find what I'm looking for.

Can someone point me to something that explains the alphanumeric hell that is the order tracking language? I have no idea what the sequence is or what they mean.

Also, On my Priced Order Confirmation I see the Model (JLJL74 Wrangler Unlimited Sport) is highlighted in yellow and at the bottom of the page it says yellow = Restriction. Is that bad?

I ordered on a Saturday and I did not have a lot of free time to talk to the young lady taking my information. Curious if the anyone here can help? If not I'll just call in the AM.
Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase

Can someone point me to something that explains the alphanumeric hell that is the order tracking language? I have no idea what the sequence is or what they mean.

Also, On my Priced Order Confirmation I see the Model (JLJL74 Wrangler Unlimited Sport) is highlighted in yellow and at the bottom of the page it says yellow = Restriction. Is that bad?

I ordered on a Saturday and I did not have a lot of free time to talk to the young lady taking my information. Curious if the anyone here can help? If not I'll just call in the AM.
Jump over to one of the tracking threads ...they will walk you through it better because there up to speed with your situation

OP
OP
vf171ohio

vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Jump over to one of the tracking threads ...they will walk you through it better because there up to speed with your situation
Not to sound dumb but I thought I was in the tracking thread area. Or are you suggesting I find a thread with the information already in it? I don't want to hijack someones thread but I can't find the info.

EDIT: Not sure what I was doing wrong earlier but I did find them in another thread using the search tool.

JTopsUSA

First Name
Support
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.jtopsusa.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU 2014, Jeep JK 2015, Jeep JLU on order!
Occupation
Jeep® Wranger Soft Goods Manufacturer
Restriction means that for whatever reason the factory has put a hold on orders. It is usually a very short period of time that it remains on hold and it is typically related to what they already have on order. You might also check with your dealer and see if he has allocation available. Each dealer is allowed to order his quota, or allocation, of Jeeps each month, then he has to wait to order more the next month. It's to keep bigger dealerships from constantly placing huge amounts of orders and not allowing the smaller dealers to get any in.

HTH!!

OP
OP
vf171ohio

vf171ohio

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Occupation
Quality Engineer
Vehicle Showcase
Restriction means that for whatever reason the factory has put a hold on orders. It is usually a very short period of time that it remains on hold and it is typically related to what they already have on order. You might also check with your dealer and see if he has allocation available. Each dealer is allowed to order his quota, or allocation, of Jeeps each month, then he has to wait to order more the next month. It's to keep bigger dealerships from constantly placing huge amounts of orders and not allowing the smaller dealers to get any in.

HTH!!
Thanks

Sponsored

JEEPJL

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep unlimted Sahara JL
Vehicle Showcase
Not to sound dumb but I thought I was in the tracking thread area. Or are you suggesting I find a thread with the information already in it? I don't want to hijack someones thread but I can't find the info.

EDIT: Not sure what I was doing wrong earlier but I did find them in another thread using the search tool.
That's what the threads are for.... To help find answers and resolve issues

jeremyjeep

First Name
Jeremy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLUR

Search Google for Jeep order status codes. You will then find the full list of codes.

TaiMc

First Name
Tai
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'18 JLU Sport Mojito!, 3.6L & '18 Ninja 400 KRT
Occupation
Communications Manager
Vehicle Showcase

Here: https://www.jeepfan.com/tech/chrysler-jeep-vehicle-order-codes/

Polar_2014

First Name
Stéphan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jku Polar
I order a JLUR Punk hard top and fender color mach i Feb 05
How can i track m’y order ?
The dealer gave me my VIN today, 6 mouth after m’y order. I hope it will arrive shortly to my dealer

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
Bonjour Stéphan

There are several ways to track your order.
  1. Keep in touch with your sales rep. Mine, Andrew at Woodgrove Chrysler Jeep in Nanaimo BC has been great at keeping me informed.
  2. Contact the Jeep folks directly at https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html
  3. Some of us pay to become premium members at https://jeepgarage.org/f3/are-you-looking-to-become-a-premium-member-for-vehicle-tracking-78151.html They say they "can track the build and delivery process of ANY ChryCo or FCA vehicle...including international builds!"
So far my best information has come from my sales rep. He emailed me today to say I now have a VIN and my Jeep has been scheduled to be built. However, as I have ordered the 2.0 Turbo, I am not expecting to see it much before this coming October.

Martin

QUOTE="Polar_2014, post: 285443, member: 14071"]I order a JLUR Punk hard top and fender color mach i Feb 05
The dealer gave me my VIN today, 6 mouth after m’y order. I hope it will arrive shortly to my dealer[/QUOTE]

lwebs

First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Website
carbucks.ca
Vehicle(s)
CJ-7, JLU Safari
Occupation
Retired
And one other option I should have mentioned. Once your Jeep has been built, and the window sticker or build sheet is available, the following site will email you a link to that info.

http://jl.cryptostickers.net/default

Bonjour Stéphan

There are several ways to track your order:
  1. Keep in touch with your sales rep. Mine, Andrew at Woodgrove Chrysler Jeep in Nanaimo BC has been great at keeping me informed.
  2. Contact the Jeep folks directly at https://www.jeep.com/webselfservice/jeep/index.html
  3. Some of us pay to become premium members at https://jeepgarage.org/f3/are-you-looking-to-become-a-premium-member-for-vehicle-tracking-78151.html They say they "can track the build and delivery process of ANY ChryCo or FCA vehicle...including international builds!"
So far my best information has come from my sales rep. He emailed me today to say I now have a VIN and my Jeep has been scheduled to be built. However, as I have ordered the 2.0 Turbo, I am not expecting to see it much before this coming October.

Martin

QUOTE="Polar_2014, post: 285443, member: 14071"]I order a JLUR Punk hard top and fender color mach i Feb 05
The dealer gave me my VIN today, 6 mouth after m’y order. I hope it will arrive shortly to my dealer
[/QUOTE]
Sponsored