Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport 6 Speed
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
TV Producer
Vehicle Showcase
I’d think MAYBE due to the tire size...while it will look goofy with the lift, do you still have the factory wheels so they can’t claim “extra stress” on the driveline due to tire size?
I do have the factory tires and wheels.

Maybe I will call first and speak with the service manager.
Sponsored

OP
OP
ArtAldrich

ArtAldrich

First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 JL Sport 6 Speed
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
TV Producer
Vehicle Showcase
rockland is horrable. and ramsey is where i got my jl, but havent used the service. where in the lohud are you.
Suffern/Mahwah area

PsychoTrucker81

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL
It shouldn’t, but you know dealers lol. I had a lemon law case years ago for my 2003 MazdaSpeed Protege, and the regional rep came with pictures and a t tapped vacuum line from one of my last repairs before the hearing claiming that me tapping a line for a boost gauge should void my claim due to modifications. Needless to say, they lost lol

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I’d think MAYBE due to the tire size...while it will look goofy with the lift, do you still have the factory wheels so they can’t claim “extra stress” on the driveline due to tire size?
Dealer cannot say anything about tire size, mods, etc. when it comes to performing/completing a recall. By law, if a vehicle is brought in for a recall, the dealer must complete it no questions asked.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal

Sponsored

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

I do have the factory tires and wheels.

Maybe I will call first and speak with the service manager.
The only thing you should do is remove your Tazer and anything like skid plates, etc. that may interfere with getting to the clutch. Otherwise, you have nothing else to worry about. As I've said repeatedly in this thread, by law, a dealer must complete/perform all recall work that a vehicle is brought in for. A recall is a safety issue and a dealer can be held responsible if they refuse a recall and something happens to the vehicle because the recall was not performed.

cosine

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Wrangler Sport jl
Occupation
Gone Postal
everyone here have all valid points and the real answer will be to stop in at a dealer and ask questions and see what they offer. also offer to remove the skid to get access to the clutch. they might might put a senior mech or one that knows modded jeeps.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
it would be a good idea to do. but looking at the jeep will raise a concern at the dealer. i could be wrong but the history in the computer will show that a tazer was used. i do agree with the fact that tires and lift should not be a concern but dealers can look at it and either flag you or just over look it.
No, you have to unmarry the Tazer, but then it won't be detectable. I just took my Jeep in for the same recall. I removed the skids that might be in the way, unmarried and removed my Tazer and had 0 issues. Several of the techs commented about how nice of a job I had done with everything. My Jeep looks much more "concerning" than the ops.
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions about my modified Jeep going in for recall work 94D6D418-218C-48B8-A97A-33B02E0FDE01
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions about my modified Jeep going in for recall work 3E75450B-0974-44C7-8926-F5CA6E9C34CC
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions about my modified Jeep going in for recall work 11F245AB-6E63-4058-8076-5C2D24A42CFE
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions about my modified Jeep going in for recall work F602A389-99B6-4AD1-8AE0-31BE728A41DC
Jeep Wrangler JL Questions about my modified Jeep going in for recall work 51656B00-5C4F-4F43-81DB-1639367AB86A

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
its a fine line as to how the dealership and or fca wants to look at it. yes theres a difference between the 2 services. however, the dealer could say that the mods could affect the recall part and can simply do two things. one is do the recall since the part originally came from the factory and flag the jeep. the other is that if the recall asks for a visual inspection to is it a recall is granted or not. in that case the dealer could denie the work because the inspection is inconclusive as to the the cause coming from the mods or not.
Umm no, that's not how any of this works.

word302

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU
The only thing you should do is remove your Tazer and anything like skid plates, etc. that may interfere with getting to the clutch. Otherwise, you have nothing else to worry about. As I've said repeatedly in this thread, by law, a dealer must complete/perform all recall work that a vehicle is brought in for. A recall is a safety issue and a dealer can be held responsible if they refuse a recall and something happens to the vehicle because the recall was not performed.
Finally some sane thoughts.
Sponsored