Questions about Mopar lift kit for my 2 door Rubicon

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
I’m looking at getting the mopar lift for my 2 door rubicon. In the past I’ve always gotten complete lift kits for my jeeps (all control arms,brake lines,driveshafts etc) but this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle and would like to keep the warranty intact(especially with the little issues I’ve had already)

does anyone have any experience running this kit. part number:77072396(mopar lift for 3.6l 2door)
Am I going to get too much lift to where I need track bars or is it true to size? Thanks in advance!
Sponsored

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
There is a lot of info available but I will run thought it quickly. Add an adjustable track bar, adjustable front LCA's and a rear Track Bar relocation bracket. Shop and save. BTW I have a JLR with the 3.6 and Mopars lift kit with the extras I listed. I like it.
Will these extra parts have to be removed if brought in for warranty work? I’m just worried if it has anything other than their exact kit they’ll give me shit for it.

HeavyUser

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JL
Running a 2 door JLR on 37s stock rims with a mopar lift. No other upgrades to any other suspension components and I am very happy on road and off.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
Running a 2 door JLR on 37s stock rims with a mopar lift. No other upgrades to any other suspension components and I am very happy on road and off.
Are your axles centered?

Sponsored

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
I’m looking at getting the mopar lift for my 2 door rubicon. In the past I’ve always gotten complete lift kits for my jeeps (all control arms,brake lines,driveshafts etc) but this is my first time buying a brand new vehicle and would like to keep the warranty intact(especially with the little issues I’ve had already)

does anyone have any experience running this kit. part number:77072396(mopar lift for 3.6l 2door)
Am I going to get too much lift to where I need track bars or is it true to size? Thanks in advance!

I have a 20' Rubi 2-door hardtop with 3.6 auto and love the Mopar lift, I netted just over 2 inches of lift and works great with 35's and pretty damm sure it will also work well with 37's! That said, I did add 8 Teraflex IR arms, Steer Smarts Yeti trackbar, Teraflex rear trackbar relocation bracket, Rancho parking brake cable relocation bracket and Rancho adjustable rear trackbar...and that was just to start.

What I would recommend as add-ons to the Mopar lift to start with:
, Steer Smarts front trackbar, not only will it allow axle to be centered but will improve steering!
2, Adjustable front lower control arms, I really like the Teraflex IR arms but there are a lot of good options.
3, Other options/upgrades are 'season to taste'...

Note: Follow instructions but double check the front spring locations-my instructions on the AD kit had the left and right front spring numbers reversed. The longer spring goes on the passenger side!

Yondu_JLU

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Wrangler Sport S
It's been a pretty good lift kit thus far, but it is very incomplete compared to some of the other offerings in a similar price range. The Fox shocks are a plus and they ride well (and they're serviceable) ; it maintains factory-like ride quality for the most part on road. I've opted to add a couple of things:

Rancho front and rear adj. trackbars
Rock Krawler correction pads for the front springs (mine still bow a little bit, but from what I've heard from others it's pretty common with several JL lift kits on the market.)

I haven't taken mine off-road much, so I can't attest to or deny it's off-road prowess.

OP
OP
Suspect

Suspect

First Name
Franky
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 JKR
if i gotta add all the extras then i guess its just better to buy a full lift kit like i usually do. i was mostly just interested in using exclusively using whts included in the mopar kit to avoid any potential headaches with the dealer but it doesn’t sounds like you can do that without ignoring some of the issues it brings

4xFUN

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 2-door Rubi. 2023 RAM TRX
if i gotta add all the extras then i guess its just better to buy a full lift kit like i usually do. i was mostly just interested in using exclusively using whts included in the mopar kit to avoid any potential headaches with the dealer but it doesn’t sounds like you can do that without ignoring some of the issues it brings

I fully understand your logic. Part of my decision to run with the Mopar lift was it would be covered under my extended warranty and I liked the fact that on the Mopar lift, the springs were corner-specific (most aftermarket lifts use the same spring for left and right) and I like the ride of the Mopar lift with the Fox shocks they include. That said, there are several great options for lifts!
Sponsored