Sponsored

Questionable carfax 2020 PCM replaced my wife is interested in this jeep but I saw this what would u do?

VNT

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SRT Challenger, 2015 Hemi Overland, 02 WJ 4.7, 2000 Durango, PT Cruisers, 2018 Punkn Sahara 2020 OB Rubicon
Run, wouldnt touch it. Why go thru all the BS of repod car. Any dealer who got one of these in trade would put it on their own lot, unless it had issues, so to auction it goes.

The Fixer

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mojito! JLS, 2018 Firecracker JLUSS
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Teacher
Most of what happens at the end of December into January doesn't make sense.

On 12/28/20 it goes to auction with 13,170 miles.

On 1/1/21 the vehicle is offered for sale in Rhode Island (bought by the RI dealer from auction somewhere between GA and RI and transported).

On 1/12/21 it's serviced and ready to go with 13,172 miles.

It is "repossessed" on 1/15/21 by the Virginia Motor Vehicle Department in FORT WORTH, TX (huh???) Meanwhile, the vehicle is still in RI?

It went a total of 54 miles between 1/12 and 1/20. Maybe the dealer has some explanation about the discrepancy and repossession, since it never actually went anywhere.

Carfax is not the most reliable source, that's for sure. Back in 2011 I bought an '06 Infiniti G35x with a clean Carfax. Two weeks into my ownership, it was backed into, and had to have a police report and insurance claim filed. I decided a few months after that to run my own Carfax to see if it was in the system, and lo and behold, there was ANOTHER accident reported on the car from the previous owner, less than a month before I purchased it.

Gregj

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
JLU Rubicon, JLU Sport, JTuRD
Most of what happens at the end of December into January doesn't make sense.

On 12/28/20 it goes to auction with 13,170 miles.

On 1/1/21 the vehicle is offered for sale in Rhode Island (bought by the RI dealer from auction somewhere between GA and RI and transported).

On 1/12/21 it's serviced and ready to go with 13,172 miles.

It is "repossessed" on 1/15/21 by the Virginia Motor Vehicle Department in FORT WORTH, TX (huh???) Meanwhile, the vehicle is still in RI?

It went a total of 54 miles between 1/12 and 1/20. Maybe the dealer has some explanation about the discrepancy and repossession, since it never actually went anywhere.

Carfax is not the most reliable source, that's for sure. Back in 2011 I bought an '06 Infiniti G35x with a clean Carfax. Two weeks into my ownership, it was backed into, and had to have a police report and insurance claim filed. I decided a few months after that to run my own Carfax to see if it was in the system, and lo and behold, there was ANOTHER accident reported on the car from the previous owner, less than a month before I purchased it.
Common tactic, get in a wreck, get it fixed ASAP, sell before CarFax reports it.

Gregj

Sponsored

OP
OP

JeeperKeeper

First Name
Ralph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Willy’s Unlimited
Thank you for the feedback she’s not gonna look at it!

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
if it was a repo; they may have replaced the PCM and rekeyed it, but the auction history is what bothers me more.

skip it.

DuRsT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Unlimited Rubicon
Regardless it seems like the resale has been hurt and is a headache I wouldn't want.

I found a Corvette I really wanted one time but when I checked the carfax it had an insane 14 owners....I passed lol.

guarnibl

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 JLUR 392 XR, '21 JTR, '21 JLR, '09 JK
Story. Avoid.

Sponsored

cbrenthus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Mojito JLUR
The issue that I see is that they are asking top dollar for it @ $38K. It MSRP'd at $46K which means it easily could have been bought brand new for $42K, or less. If it was a super good deal, like $30K or less it might be worth the risk, but no way would I pay that much this vehicle, even with a perfect Carfax.

Xcoaste

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR - Past - '13 JKU, '97 TJ, '93 YJ
If you find the right dealer you could probably get a brand new 2021 for that price and comparable options.

Kurt0

First Name
Kurt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gladiator Mojave
Occupation
IG Model and Influencer
Regardless it seems like the resale has been hurt and is a headache I wouldn't want.

I found a Corvette I really wanted one time but when I checked the carfax it had an insane 14 owners....I passed lol.
wow......
Sponsored