Question

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
I assume these skins are for the rears door. How do they attach? Is there a forum discount? Would love to get these due to having small children that destroy everything they touch lol

EDIT: See end of post for my review.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Link? Are they the magnetic trail skins?
This is what I found on them via Google. https://thinskinz.com/
Not sure why a sponsor wouldn't make any post though. I assume they are legit but there are no reviews on them either. IDK we will see. Love the idea for kids and pets in the back to protect the doors. I am definitely interested in a pair.

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Not sure why a sponsor wouldn't make any post though. I assume they are legit but there are no reviews on them either. IDK we will see. Love the idea for kids and pets in the back to protect the doors. I am definitely interested in a pair.
Ah Iā€™ve seen those advertised. I havenā€™t looked into them much. They do seem like a good idea though, and itā€™s on my list of things to look into. My dogs tend to scratch everything up with their nails

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
Ah Iā€™ve seen those advertised. I havenā€™t looked into them much. They do seem like a good idea though, and itā€™s on my list of things to look into. My dogs tend to scratch everything up with their nails
The real question is what does more damage, a 3yr old or a dog lol. I might end up pulling the trigger but would like to at least get a response from them. It just seems really odd that they pay for sponsoring on a forum and yet no post. Not saying that they are not legit, I honestly don't know them and never heard of them until 10 minutes ago. Just odd.

Sponsored

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

The real question is what does more damage, a 3yr old or a dog lol. I might end up pulling the trigger but would like to at least get a response from them. It just seems really odd that they pay for sponsoring on a forum and yet no post. Not saying that they are not legit, I honestly don't know them and never heard of them until 10 minutes ago. Just odd.
ADs are probably hosted and managed by an external company. Like, they may be served up by Google ads and not directly by the forum. If you pull the trigger on them Iā€™ll be curious to hear an update on them.

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
ADs are probably hosted and managed by an external company. Like, they may be served up by Google ads and not directly by the forum. If you pull the trigger on them Iā€™ll be curious to hear an update on them.
I will keep you posted.
:jk:

ThinSkinz

First Name
Romina
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.thinskinz.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JL
We sure are a real company, we just launched the product in early May. We are based in Southern California and a small business, we are trying to keep up with the demand the best we can. Sorry we haven't made an official post yet. There are quite a few reviews on our Instagram page though @thin.skinz
They are for the rear doors only. They snap on in a second, like a cell phone case almost. No screws or adhesives. Also they never touch the glass so you don't have to worry about them touching the glass.
Here are 2 in-depth review videos

OP
OP
WilhelmSR

WilhelmSR

First Name
Wilhelm
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 HellaYella JLUR
My $.02 @Jeepeto
With the forum discount. I would say they are spot on with price. Thin but does feel very durable. There are a lot of soft patches on the inside to protect and ensure a snug fit.

In short 10/10 would buy again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question 1634050932244

Jeepeto

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR XR
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Sparky
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

My $.02 @Jeepeto
With the forum discount. I would say they are spot on with price. Thin but does feel very durable. There are a lot of soft patches on the inside to protect and ensure a snug fit.

In short 10/10 would buy again.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question 1634050932244
Already got ā€˜em šŸ¤£

Day one with the XR I got puncture holes in the door cards from my dogs. I wish I had pulled the trigger sooner
Sponsored