Parispete

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
I am quite busy in the spring, summer, and fall doing heavy highway inspection. I hope to be more involved in the future. I am excited to get another wrangler but I was just as excited when I got the used 73/75 Renegade back in late 70's. It was freedom and all I had was a green army issue tarp to put over the top. I drove it year round in Virginia Beach and North Carolina on the open beach surf fishing and surfing. I have never had kids to raise so I am still a big kid at 62. I like this site so be looking for some new post?? I will search for answers to questions first. thanks again for the input.
Advertisement

OP
OP
Parispete

Parispete

First Name
Pete
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Rubicon 2 Door Rirecracker Red
Occupation
Highway inspector
When I first started to look for a jeep I told the guy what I wanted and the quote was 51K for the 2 door Rubi. Someone on the site mentioned a woman in Coatsville, PA Dodge, ram, Jeep dealership and they gave discounts to JLwranglerforum members and more of a discount if I joined Tread Lightly. It is worth joining. Talks about off roading and the enviroment. So I drove down and say this woman. When I told her I was a member of the site she was no non sense and got with it. I handed her the add ons I wanted and she went and got a quote it was $43,572.00 and she forgot to add the hard top and added $1,017.00 making it $43,589. So 43,589 divide by 51,000 = 0.8546= 85.46% What am I doing wrong to get the percentage you guys are talking about getting off?

robaw

First Name
Rob
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLU MOAB (MOJITO!), 2009 Honda CBR600RR
When I first started to look for a jeep I told the guy what I wanted and the quote was 51K for the 2 door Rubi. Someone on the site mentioned a woman in Coatsville, PA Dodge, ram, Jeep dealership and they gave discounts to JLwranglerforum members and more of a discount if I joined Tread Lightly. It is worth joining. Talks about off roading and the enviroment. So I drove down and say this woman. When I told her I was a member of the site she was no non sense and got with it. I handed her the add ons I wanted and she went and got a quote it was $43,572.00 and she forgot to add the hard top and added $1,017.00 making it $43,589. So 43,589 divide by 51,000 = 0.8546= 85.46% What am I doing wrong to get the percentage you guys are talking about getting off?
That's about what I paid - somewhere around 15% off MSRP, which is about 10% below invoice. That's better than most.

digitalbliss

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLUR, 1979 CJ7
$51,000 - $43,589= $7,411
$7,411 ÷ $51,000= 0.145 or 14 1/2%

Edit: I'm assuming the $51k price tag is MSRP. The best gauge is invoice. Get the invoice price and do the math the same way. I paid just better than %7 below invoice when I ordered/bought my JLUR in March 2018.

Advertisement

WheelsASAP

Advertisement