Sponsored

Question RE: Barricade Bumpers + Rubicons

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
Been looking at a cheap replacement bumper to get rid of my factory plastic. Noticed that all of the Application Notes on the Barricade bumpers state the following: "This Bumper is only compatible with the OEM LED Fog Lights, excluding Rubicon models.".

Despite this, it appears that at least a couple users on here have successfully installed them on their Rubis.

Does anybody know if the Rubicon LED fog lights differ at all from non-Rubicon LED fog lights? Is this a legacy note that no longer applies?

I guess an alternate interpretation of the Application Note is "only works with OEM LED fog lights; but in the case of Rubicons, all fog lights will work". I'm doubtful that was the intended interpretation.
Sponsored

carguy1959

First Name
Robert Spinello
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Chevrolet HHR
Occupation
auto sales
Been looking at a cheap replacement bumper to get rid of my factory plastic. Noticed that all of the Application Notes on the Barricade bumpers state the following: "This Bumper is only compatible with the OEM LED Fog Lights, excluding Rubicon models.".

Despite this, it appears that at least a couple users on here have successfully installed them on their Rubis.

Does anybody know if the Rubicon LED fog lights differ at all from non-Rubicon LED fog lights? Is this a legacy note that no longer applies?

I guess an alternate interpretation of the Application Note is "only works with OEM LED fog lights; but in the case of Rubicons, all fog lights will work". I'm doubtful that was the intended interpretation.
Steel bumpers are available in the performance catalog. I didn't see any restriction.

Jeepsk8

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLUR
The steel Rubicon bumper mounted LED fog lights have a different shaped housing. Your lights should work since they are the same as those in a Sahara.

OP
OP

dudemind

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Wrangler JL Rubicon
The steel Rubicon bumper mounted LED fog lights have a different shaped housing. Your lights should work since they are the same as those in a Sahara.
Perfect, thanks for clarifying!

@XTJake: If you concur, perhaps it'd make sense to update the product descriptions to reflect that only Rubicons equipped w/ factory steel bumpers are excluded?

XTJake

First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.extremeterrain.com
Vehicle(s)
2018 JL Sahara Unlimited
Occupation
Social Media Community Coordinator
Perfect, thanks for clarifying!

@XTJake: If you concur, perhaps it'd make sense to update the product descriptions to reflect that only Rubicons equipped w/ factory steel bumpers are excluded?
Absolutely agree with you and we'll get our team on it ASAP.

We actually ran into this issue the other day when installing an aftermarket bumper onto a JLUR with the factory steel bumper and LED fogs.

-Jake
Sponsored