Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

Another question I have is would I need to do any change to the programming of the Wrangler to adjust for the new tire size? Or is it a negligible enough change to where it won’t affect the speedo?
Your speedo will be off by .7mph at 20mph. That difference will increase as you go faster. With 33s you should definitely flash the vehicle. Your transmission shift points will also be off if you don't.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on Sahara and tire size 1621949380375
Sponsored

King Nothing

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator
Your speedo will be off by .7mph at 20mph. That difference will increase as you go faster. With 33s you should definitely flash the vehicle. Your transmission shift points will also be off if you don't.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on Sahara and tire size 1621949380375
.7 mph at 20 is 2.8mph at 80. I would think that would be a small enough variation that a reflash wouldn’t be strictly necessary. I can’t imagine that it would mess up the shift points much

jludave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Wrangler Unlimited Sport Altitude
Occupation
IT Manager
Vehicle Showcase
Clubs

rts4714

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JLU Sport S
Thinking of doing the same thing on my stock Sahara. I have no interest in lifting and I want to maintain the ride quality and MPG as best I can whilst achieving a more aggressive tire look.

Another question I have is would I need to do any change to the programming of the Wrangler to adjust for the new tire size? Or is it a negligible enough change to where it won’t affect the speedo?

Going from stock tires to all terrain 35s are going to affect the ride quality and mpg more than a suspension. Keep in mind rubicons run a 32.7" tire and have higher fenders and wider axles. Given that you have all terrains already, ride quality might not change as much if you stick with a similar tread.

you can adjust the tire size with a tazer or jscan, the latter being a more affordable option.
Sponsored