Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Has anyone mounted these on your new diesel? I found a welded pin in the passenger rear body mount. This was a real pain in the butt, had to cut a notch in the mount so that pin will allow the slider to mount. I was able to get the passenger side done in a couple of hours. I hope this does not create a weak spot, I also notice the drivers side frame rails are missing a few holes for the bolts. I guess I will fine this out tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on LOD Destroyers on JL Diesel 84CB2F95-7381-4353-9216-F6EBF176505C
Sponsored

lodoffroad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 White JLU
Has anyone mounted these on your new diesel? I found a welded pin in the passenger rear body mount. This was a real pain in the butt, had to cut a notch in the mount so that pin will allow the slider to mount. I was able to get the passenger side done in a couple of hours. I hope this does not create a weak spot, I also notice the drivers side frame rails are missing a few holes for the bolts. I guess I will fine this out tomorrow.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on LOD Destroyers on JL Diesel 84CB2F95-7381-4353-9216-F6EBF176505C
Hi Rangemaster,
Sorry to see you had trouble. We made a change to the mounts several months ago to accommodate that pin exactly the way you did. Not sure where you purchased your sliders but they must have had leftover stock that was older than our change date. All of our sliders are diesel ready.

OP
OP
Rangemaster

Rangemaster

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 JL Rubicon Diesel
Build Thread
Link
Occupation
Business Owner
Hi Rangemaster,
Sorry to see you had trouble. We made a change to the mounts several months ago to accommodate that pin exactly the way you did. Not sure where you purchased your sliders but they must have had leftover stock that was older than our change date. All of our sliders are diesel ready.
I bought them from a local member of this forum that never installed them. Glad I did it right, just could not figure any other way to get around the studs and that pin.
Sponsored