T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 Jl 6spd, ‘01 Tj Sahara 5spd
Hey guys quick question…
I have a jl sport and want to buy a used rubicon suspension. From what I’ve read it lifts it about an inch. I’m assuming I would need longer sway bar links, maybe longer bump stops, but would I also need something to correct the caster angle like some bushings?? Is there anything else I would need on top of lift and longer sway bar links???
Thanks!!

-Ty
Sponsored

Kraty1

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited JL
Occupation
Sales & Marketing
If you search the forum you’ll find several threads on this. All you really need is the shocks and springs. The sway bar links and everything else is the same size. I got between 1-1.5” lift. Later I also added the longer Mopar LCA’s (from the 2” lift kit), aftermarket steering stabilizer, and a track bar. Jeep on! °lllllll°

El Zilcho

First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 JLU Sport, Rubicon axles
What Kraty1 sayed :) But I did change a track bar. Drove and looked great, got many badges from BOH trails with rubicon wheels and tires.

Jim1964

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLUR
Do your homework on spring part numbers first. There’s a thread here with all the options. Not all Rubicons get the same spring, it depends on options.

I have a Rubicon and I lifted the front of MINE 1-1/2” just by changing to a different Rubicon spring pair.

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Do your homework on spring part numbers first. There’s a thread here with all the options. Not all Rubicons get the same spring, it depends on options.

I have a Rubicon and I lifted the front of MINE 1-1/2” just by changing to a different Rubicon spring pair.
Thanks for the reply.. do you by chance have the link to that thread?

Sponsored

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you search the forum you’ll find several threads on this. All you really need is the shocks and springs. The sway bar links and everything else is the same size. I got between 1-1.5” lift. Later I also added the longer Mopar LCA’s (from the 2” lift kit), aftermarket steering stabilizer, and a track bar. Jeep on! °lllllll°
I appreciate it!!

Some Random Guy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JL Sport, 2022 Ford Mustang
Occupation
Comptroller
Bump stops may not be needed until you go to bigger tires. The stock Rubicon ran those shocks/springs without bump. However, that Rubicon had higher clearance fenders. I got 2.5” out of my mystery dumpster Rubicon springs, but I have a soft top plastic bumper 2 door.
If you’re boosting a 2 door, mopar makes some longer links that might be good. But with Rubicon shocks, you should be good. I went longer travel shocks, so I’m putting in longer links.

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bump stops may not be needed until you go to bigger tires. The stock Rubicon ran those shocks/springs without bump. However, that Rubicon had higher clearance fenders. I got 2.5” out of my mystery dumpster Rubicon springs, but I have a soft top plastic bumper 2 door.
If you’re boosting a 2 door, mopar makes some longer links that might be good. But with Rubicon shocks, you should be good. I went longer travel shocks, so I’m putting in longer links.
Nice ya I have soft top two door plastic bumpers as well. Just mounted 265/70/17 mud tires so only one inch tall and wide above stock. I’m really only looking for an an inch/ inch and a half

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Sponsored

Speed331

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jetta, 2018 Discovery Sport, 2020 Wrangler Sport S (on order)
This thread will either answer - or link you to answers - for all your questions

rubicon-suspension-on-2-door-sport

I put 61/62 & 91/92 on my 2 door ss and got 2.5" all around.
...and get the longer Mopar LCA's. For $60 it's worth the piece of mind.

OP
OP
T.T.T

T.T.T

First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

LCW

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
(formerly '22 JLUR) '23 Bronco Badlands 2dr 2.7
Just for some more reference I swapped fronts springs on my JLUR - came stock with 657/658 fronts surprisingly and 591/592 rear. So very low fronts and some do the tallest rears. Had more rake than I cared for.

Went to 661/662 fronts from 657/658 and gained about 1.5”. Much more level now.

Jeep Wrangler JL Question on installing Rubicon suspension 24F51BFE-4F65-4100-A8BD-71E25B667CAD
Sponsored