First Name
Deep
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler North Edition
Occupation
Eng.
I am 2 months into owning my 2020 JL Sahara. Noticing that it takes a very long time for the Jeep to cool down once parked. It has been 3 hours parked in the garage and when touching the engine hood, its still very hot. Before being parked, I drove it for 30 mins on the highway. Is this normal?
Sponsored

Tpom

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLUR
Build Thread
Link
Clubs

I will also add a reminder that since they can run hot, and really any vehicle is susceptible to this, make sure to be careful where you park when off road. After driving a while on a back road/trail and parking it over dry grass, brush or something of the sort could start a fire. :sun:

Headbarcode

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 JLUR Stingray 2.0 turbo
Vehicle Showcase
I am 2 months into owning my 2020 JL Sahara. Noticing that it takes a very long time for the Jeep to cool down once parked. It has been 3 hours parked in the garage and when touching the engine hood, its still very hot. Before being parked, I drove it for 30 mins on the highway. Is this normal?
Yes, normal for closed garage parking. Think of it like paint fumes. They take longer to dissipate in a closed environment vs out in the open.

The hot motor is heating your garage. The smaller the temperature differential between the Jeep and it's environment, the longer it takes to cool down. That's why it will also take longer to cool down on a hot day, than it would on a cold day if left outside.

Heimkehr

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 JLU 2.0T